FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Missing Contacts Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
arsegon

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 23:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am running the latest updates on a Samsung S6 and My Phone Explorer. I have been having a lot of problems with synching Contacts since day one with My Phone Explorer but lately it has gotten much worse.

I cannot get MPE to synch with Outlook 2007 at all. The latest problem I've discovered is that I've entered a new contact or contacts into the phone but when I synch they do not appear in Outlook's Address book OR the Contacts list.
Current settings in MPE are:

- --> points to Personal Folders\Contacts
- Synch BOTH
- Contacts set to Synch BOTH
- Events and Tasks set to Synch BOTH
- Synch with Outlook 2007

Under the Advanced menu:
I have tried forcing the Phone to Outlook.
I have tried forcing Outlook to the Phone.

It makes no difference.

What really concerns me is when I look at my contacts in MPE it does not reflect new entries at all in the list! It is as if they are not even there but when I look at the phone they are most definitely there!

I have no idea what is going on at this point and hours of debugging and trying to get it to work have left me quite frustrated at this point.

Any help appreciated.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
arsegon

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 01:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well there has been over 170 views but not one response. Is this forum dying or no one cares about Outlook 2007 any longer?

I continue to have issues with duplicate contacts but the one problem that really bothers me is when I open contacts on my cellular phone and then look at them in the MPE application on my PC and they are missing in the MPE list of my phone contacts. Pretty disturbing... and of course they don't synch either.

Maybe a simpler question is:
Does anyone use Outllook 2007 contact, calandar and notes and sych them to your android phone using MPE?
Does it WORK?

If it does can you PLEASE share you settings with me???
Maybe I am missing something but I've spent too many hours now trying to figure it out and it still makes no sense to me.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 14:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What are you settings on the phone? Specifically the 'Cont,act accounts to sync'? Together with this check your 'contacts app'. There should be a setting (settings?) somewhere which point to a) which account(s) to display and maybe b) which account(s) to add new contacts to.

Good luck.

arsegon

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 27, 2019 17:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the phone settings I have:
Calendars to synch: My Calendar
Add New Events: My Calendar
Contact Accounts to Sync: Phone (only)
Add New Contacts To: Phone

On the MPE App on my PC I have:
Under Synch settings..
Contacts Sync With Outlook 2007
Calendar Sync With Outllook 2007
Notes Sync With Outllook 2007

In all cases under Advanced settings I use Sync both.

I have tried forcing the phone to the PC and vice versa to no avail.I still have contacts that I entered on my phone that do not appear in the Address Book in Outllook OR the Windows Contacts button at the bottom.

I think one of my problems is I do not understand why the Windows Contacts at the bottom of Outlook and the ones in the Address Book at the top are NOT the same! I have tried exporting and importing them back and forth but they never match. The only reason I can think of is under Categories some are Business and some are "My Contacts".

Which My Contacts outlook is referencing continues to confound me. I've synched with BOTH and still I have missing contacts that cannot be found on the PC and a few that are on the phone but do not appear in MPE's Contacts area at all! This is totally baffling and I think it is a recent problem. I used to enter contacts in Outlook AND on the phone and then just sync to copy them over to one or the other and it worked. Now it does not work.
arsegon

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 17, 2019 22:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK so not getting any help this way. Maybe a simple question or three will help and hoping someone knows the answers.

I cannot understand why my settings work for some contacts in Outlook 2007 and some do not. In the last post I described exactly what my settings are but no response.

When MPE phone app settings are set to synch with "Contacts" exactly what data is moved over?

Is it GROUP dependent? Outlook has Business, My Contacts and Personal. Could these choices have an effect on what does sync or not?
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 06, 2020 22:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please check whether you may Exceptions are activated:
MPE => F2 => Sync=> Contacts/Sync with => Advanced => Exceptions...

When creating a new contact in the contacts app, check that it is also created in Phone

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.