FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Help! How do you undo delete everything? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
TomInBP

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 30, 2019 16:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have been a big fan of MyPhoneExplorer for more than 15 years and until now, I have never had any major issues with the software.

I was looking at my events and I have a friend's birthday that I noticed was both registered as a recurring event and as a birthday event (I guess I initially registered it on my phone where it can only be an event and then with MPE later). I marked the birthday as a recurring event in order to delete it, right clicked and saw there was a "delete all previous events", which I chose.

Instead of marking all previous entries of the recurring event, my whole friggin database was marked for deletion! With a simple right-click you can actually select to delete your entire history of events. No warnings or anything!

How do I undo this? I do not want to erase all my events!!!!!!

Closing the app and opening it again does not remove that the ENTIRE EVENT HISTORY is marked for deletion. One single miss-click has rendered the software utterly useless, because if I ever connect my phone to MPE again and it synchronizes then everything will be gone!

As I said, I have never had any issues with the software, but I cannot believe that it has a built in booby trap where you can accidentally erase everything with one single mistake without warning an no obvious way to undo it.

To be honest, I am in a bit of panic here, because I use the app regularly, but at this moment, the next synchronization is an accident waiting to happen, so I can no longer use MPE.

How do I unmark all entries, so I do not lose everything?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
nEON

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 23, 2019 12:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

TomInBP hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I have been a big fan of MyPhoneExplorer for more than 15 years and until now, I have never had any major issues with the software.

I was looking at my events and I have a friend's birthday that I noticed was both registered as a recurring event and as a birthday event (I guess I initially registered it on my phone where it can only be an event and then with MPE later). I marked the birthday as a recurring event in order to delete it, right clicked and saw there was a "delete all previous events", which I chose.

Instead of marking all previous entries of the recurring event, my whole friggin database was marked for deletion! With a simple right-click you can actually select to delete your entire history of events. No warnings or anything!

How do I undo this? I do not want to erase all my events!!!!!!

Closing the app and opening it again does not remove that the ENTIRE EVENT HISTORY is marked for deletion. One single miss-click has rendered the software utterly useless, because if I ever connect my phone to MPE again and it synchronizes then everything will be gone!

As I said, I have never had any issues with the software, but I cannot believe that it has a built in booby trap where you can accidentally erase everything with one single mistake without warning an no obvious way to undo it.

To be honest, I am in a bit of panic here, because I use the app regularly, but at this moment, the next synchronization is an accident waiting to happen, so I can no longer use MPE.

How do I unmark all entries, so I do not lose everything?

I think it should be same as contact edit or mark to remove on them.
If you edit on events or other action, it will change from "to remove" to "to edit"

edit: i tried it and it's work exactly like i described - "edit" do change "to delete" to "pencil icon" which if you do no changes do nothing when synchronize.
and then:
Image[/img]
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
TomInBP

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 23, 2019 15:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks nEON, it was a good workaround and you saved my data Smile

I hope the developer guy follows the forum, so he can work on GUI bugs like this as well. It is not that I have encountered a lot of GUI bugs, but this one created a bit of a panic situation.

Other than that, FJ guy, keep up the good work. MyPhoneExpolerer is awesome.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.