FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 DO not see two valuabe fields of contacts data Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Antony

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 19:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am talking about field
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.StructuredPostal#NEIGHBORHOOD
and
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Organization#DEPARTMENT

probably even 2 more: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Organization#OFFICE_LOCATION
and
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds.Organization#SYMBOL
should be supported. Don't know exactly yet.
But first 2 definitely must do exist in app's DB at least. Do not matter what probably in Outlook there will not be a proper similar fields. App's DB is more important.
For an example of these 2 fields you can easily to create on contacts.google.com one proper contact, tap button "more..." and you will see these fields in a proper positions: at the section 'Address' - you will see the field name like "Address line 2" or something like that - I am not using English version of this site - so I can only translate it approximately. And in the section "Organization" you will see the field named like "Department"/division/unit/branch or something like that...

I can quite confidently say that among my colleagues and in the region as a whole, these fields are quite often used for their intended purpose and are filled with the correct user data values. Therefore, it would be very important and pleasant to see their support in your program. So that it can read them from the contact's database in the smartphone and transfer them to its internal base at least. And let me to edit them using the tools in the corresponding dialog box "Edit Contact".
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Antony

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 22:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Also I just found that when created a Backup file with contacts data that for a strange reasons ver. 2.1 of vCard spec was used and not more-or-less mature v3.0. why?
Also lines with nickname contains multiple repeats of the phrase "CHARSET=UTF-8;":
NICKNAME;LABEL=;X-SYNCMLREF6137;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8:Personal NICKname of my Contact

on some lines i saw 12 repeats!
Antony

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 17, 2020 16:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hmmmm, intersting....
does author REALLY do programming stuff and interesting in future development of this app?
no comments at all?
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 18, 2020 09:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You do realize, that you´re not the only one who is using this forum?
You do realize, that there was a weekend coming up?
You do realize, that you´re using a free software?

As for your "request", I´ll give FJ a hint to this thread.

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 20, 2020 22:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Regarding your stated contact fields. Just because there is the possibility for a field this means NOT that it is also important. I saw exactly the same topic for IM-Messenger fields. I did invest a few days in implementing those fields and then i saw that nobody is using them. It will be the same for NEIGHBORHOOD, DEPARTMENT,... just blows up the interface.

This line looks like a bug: NICKNAME;LABEL=;X-SYNCMLREF6137;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8:Personal NICKname of my Contact
But i was not able to reproduce the issue. Did you see this line in a regular export of a contact or in a *.mpb-File after creating a backup?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Antony

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 21, 2020 19:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... I saw exactly the same topic for IM-Messenger fields. I did invest a few days in implementing those fields and then i saw that nobody is using them. It will be the same for NEIGHBORHOOD, DEPARTMENT,... just blows up the interface...

To be honest, I certainly can’t find the right words to unequivocally justify that all these fields must be supported.
Of course, the costs of their implementation are not small. And if feedback from users of these new features is not immediately visible, then the whole mood flies to hell. And also plus the fact that development spends money, and the product seems to be free .... Yes, I understand the objections to ....
As for the words FOR - I only have the thoughts that 1) There is a specific database from Google. 2) There are well-established and stable field values, and sometimes even variants of values ​​in them. 3) There is a contact editor that supports these fields 4) There are people who fill out some of these fields. 5) It is impossible to take and decide so easily for EVERYONE / most people about what fields they are allowed to use.
So there is only one way out in theory - to implement support for all of these fields. But of course only when exporting to App's internal database. Because Outlook is completely unsuitable for storage and synchronization across all fields of this database.

Actually, I and a number of my colleagues went to install your product, because they believed that there is definitely support for all fields. And the cases when a contact has 4 mobile numbers will be quietly processed? for ex. And cases when the contact will be filled CORRECTLY address fields - too. And now there is a contact whose address is not shown at all in the program. And it seems precisely because it was created in the correct editor and has composite address fields, including those that are not currently supported by the program. Or because the address has its own label, and not the standard Home? Probably this moment is not processed by the program too.
It also seems that the program with phone tags that were created by the user has difficulties. They are now displayed in columns named "User (x)". And in theory they should show real phone marks)) for better, user friendly UI of your app. For ex. at least when hovering mouse cursor over this number - in the tooltip, if not in the column name itself.

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
This line looks like a bug: NICKNAME;LABEL=;X-SYNCMLREF6137;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8;CHARSET=UTF-8:Personal NICKname of my Contact
But i was not able to reproduce the issue. Did you see this line in a regular export of a contact or in a *.mpb-File after creating a backup?

yep, it was in a *.mpb-File after creating a backup.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.