FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Restore Corrupted Notes? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Rightey

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 22, 2020 07:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello All,

My problem is on MPE version 1.89, I always use the USB connection method, and the phone in question is an Asus Zenfone 5Q, my computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

The phone is actually my wife's and the issue is she was using the note function in MPE as a diary, adding to the same note file over and over. She was writing in Japanese and it seems her note has become corrupted as almost all characters show up as a question mark "?", as you can see below with the highlighted note.

Normally, the preview, at the bottom of the screen always shows up as question marks, but then when I export the document as a .vnt it would appear correctly as Japanese text. Now however when I export it just appears as question marks.

Another issue is that the file on the computer, and on the phone is much shorter than it should be, as you can see from the screen shot above, the highlighted file says it was last modified on 30/01/2020, however she was writing in it until at least 07/06/2020, just a few days ago, when I backed up the files. I believe this is when something happened, as soon after my wife noticed the note was filled with question marks on her phone as well.

Is there any way to recover the old note files? Either on the PC or on the phone? I've tried checking the MPE cache location on my PC, but the .dat file for the notes seems to have the same issue.

Also, just looking at the .dat file in the cache, one thing I noticed was the following:

The properly formatted note specified the encoding was UTF-8, but the one that got corrupted doesn't have this line.

Anyways, any help in getting back this file would be really appreciated, my wife has over 6 months of notes in it.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.