FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 4 out of 5 NOTES files missing on PC, still visible on phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 29, 2020 07:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

--- V-1.8.14 on PC --- Windows 10, only using WiFi
--- I use/ sync with TWO PC's and TWO Android Note-3's (Running Android 5.0 OS), usually 24/7.

On my phone and my PC, I've been playing around with NOTES files for months, as a handy way to put a note on my phone from my PC, for when I leave home.

Problem --- Not syncing NOTES now between MY PC and MY phone (for NOTES ONLY), everything else is still syncing.
Today, I looked and only ONE file is showing on the PC. But earlier this week there were, and have been 5 files for quite some time. I've edited NOTES files from both PC and phone, and never had any sync issues.

--- NOW all five files are showing on phone, but only ONE file on the PC!

So, Multi-Sync does NOT sync these anymore, and it always has, without problems. SYNC settings are set to sync to MPE ONLY. I just turned logging for NOTES, on. (Sync won't create a log yet, since it likely requires detected changes to create a log file. But, I don't want to mess with it, or maybe my notes files on the phone, which are still there, will disappear if I do....)

---> Please advise. I don't know what to do next for troubleshooting.

I want to RELY on these notes, and so I think I need to be able to see these as text files on my PC. If so, I'd like to add or change TEXT on some of these files from Notepad++. To do this, here's what I'd suggest:

ADD this setting to NOTES to sync TEXT files to / from the phone:

- > Folder for NOTES FILES, LOCATION ON PC:
Zitat:

C:\Users\MeYou\Roaming\My-MPE-NOTES\ {MyFirstNOTE-file.TXT}

Can you handle conflicts from two devices making changes at the same time?? How do you manage merge conflicts today, with MPE on PC and Phone? How would you do it if editing a file using NP++? Personally, I'd just MARK and ADD edited or new lines that are in conflict like this:

> [Existing line (DO NOT CHANGE or DELETE if conflict is detected)] :
-- "Pick up the Milk"

> [Added OR changed lines from phone] :
-- "Pick up the BEER, not MILK!!"

By using text files, we can simply use other common tools and sync products, some with snapshot versioning.

Other IDEAS / Suggestions ---
POLL others --- I'd love to start some section for MISSING UI elements ---

Please ADD --
-- STATUS for WHICH Phone is connected at that time
-- Multi-Sync BUTTON
-- FORCE a DISCONNECT from existing connected phone, (so I can connect to the other phone using that same PC.)
-- { ADD the capability to have TWO sessions to two phones at once?? }

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.