FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Migrating to new phone with synced Google Calendar events Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
danji

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 20, 2020 16:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi.

I have been using MPE for many years and have also donated via paypal for this great software. I have now ended up using GCal invites in my family and Outlook invites for work. I sync everything to one google calendar on the phone and it works fine.

Now I need to migrate to a new android phone, and all the events are already synced. But when I try a sync, MPE wants to add all the events again (+10,000). In the past I accepted to wipe my Google Calendar and force Outlook -> Google. But this will break all my event attendees in GCal (they will receive cancellation in GMail).

Since all events are already present in Outlook and Google, why does MPE not recognize that these are identical events?

I read about the backup create/restore, but I assume this will re-add all events in my phone based on the MPE database, which will also give me duplicate events, and not include GCal attendees.

What is my best option?

Thank you.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 06, 2020 22:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Not exactly the same issue as yours but I have been trying to figure out how to sync between phone and MPE/Outlook and google calendar for a long time. Have never been able to do that for calendars. One other issue is that outlook and MPE synch history back to the beginning of time. Google calendar history seems to be limited so worried it would delete some historical sync'd events which I like to keep.

Seems to work okay for contacts though.

BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.