FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Handling SMS sender number for a contact from the phone book Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Maksym Kozub

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 07, 2021 20:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First of all, thank you for this great software.
There is one UI feature that would be nice to see; it may be that I just have not found it, or it may be that such feature simply does not exist in MPE.
Many of my contacts use more than one mobile number. In my country, it is quite typical for people to have two (and sometimes even three) mobile numbers, be it for separate business vs. personal communication channels, or for whatever reasons. Suppose I have a contact, John, with two mobile numbers: 123 and 456. Both are in my phone book on my Android phone and in MPE. When John sends me a text message, I see his name in MPE, but I do not see the number unless and until I open Message properties for that message. If I enter his phone number (be it 123 or 456) in the From filter, it does not work either, i.e. the filtering engine of MPE expects "John" there, not his number. In some situations, however, it would be nice and useful to have the Number column, filter, etc. for text messages (similarly to the way it exists in MPE for call logs).
Am I missing some bit of knowledge about MPE, or there is, indeed, no way to handle SMS sender numbers for such contacts, other than seeing them in "Message properties"?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Maksym Kozub

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 25, 2024 14:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is my understanding correct that it is still impossible to see the SMS sender number other than in "Message properties"?
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 25, 2024 15:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you mark the incoming SMS and select the 'Start Chat' button, the sender's number will be used and displayed.
That's not enough for you?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Maksym Kozub

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 25, 2024 16:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
That's not enough for you?

Thank you for your quick reply.
First, this method takes the same amount of time and clicks as right-xxx on the message and selecting "Properties" Smile.
Second, it does not help in situations where, for example, I want to filter messages by sender number. Suppose, for example, that John sends me business messages from his business number, and personal messages from his personal one. I want to archive his business messages and those personal ones separately. If there would be the feature I asked about, then I would just filter by "123" or "456". Now I can't do it, because there is no such feature.
P.S. There seems to be some wrong filtering rule for swear words or something. I see "right-click.ing on the message" (I have inserted a period now just to avoid filtering) as "right-xxx on the message".

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Maksym Kozub am Do Jan 25, 2024 19:06, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 25, 2024 19:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, now I understand you!
You need an additional column “Number” including a filter

I'll pass your request on to FJ.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Maksym Kozub

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 25, 2024 19:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
You need an additional column “Number” including a filter

I'll pass your request on to FJ.
Thank you very much!
Just for the record, it is precisely what I wrote in my first message in this topic Smile:
Maksym Kozub hat Folgendes geschrieben:
In some situations, however, it would be nice and useful to have the Number column, filter, etc. for text messages (similarly to the way it exists in MPE for call logs).
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.