FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Timezone error when syncing (I think) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Skier

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 26, 2021 01:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use Outlook at work and have MPE set to sync with it, and it has been working great for years (Love this software; It's one of my "can't live without" items that gets installed immediately on any new phone).

Syncing my calendar works great the vast majority of the time, but I seem to have issues with meeting invites I get from people in Penang, Malaysia... (Likely not Penang specific, but probably a generic timezone issue.)

I live in the US, specifically in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT, aka GMT -8 )
While Penang is in GMT +8 (16 hours ahead of Pacific Time).

So, what I think I'm seeing is that when I get an invite from someone in Penang for a meeting on (for example) Tuesday, 5PM my time (PST), that meeting is 5PM Tuesday for me, and shows as such in Outlook, but for my coworkers in Penang, they scheduled the meeting on their end at 10AM Wednesday, Penang time (and obviously that's what they see on their end).

In Outlook, all looks good; I have a meeting Tuesday at 5PM, but when I sync my phone with MPE, it shows at the correct time of day (i.e. 5PM), but on the wrong day... It shows 5PM meetings on Tuesday as 5PM on Wednesday (this confused the heck out of me for a while... Missed meetings, showed up to meetings that didn't exist, etc, LOL. Yes, I'm dependent on MPE, hehe). It shows up like this both on my phone calendar as well as in the MPE windows application.

It looks like MPE gets data from the invite and uses the correct hour for my timezone in PST/PDT, but uses the day (or date) of the meeting invite as it would appear on the sender's system (in Penang), not properly correcting for timezone.

I'd be happy to provide screen shots, log files, etc, to help get this fixed (and I'm an IT guy, so I can work on the technical level).

Thanks for any help you might provide.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Skier

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 08, 2021 21:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No one else seeing this issue? No ideas?
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 09, 2021 06:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I´d suggest you check the settings in your phone.
It sounds like you´re having a problem with the Daylight-Saving-Time. That might cause your problem.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 09, 2021 19:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I´d suggest you check the settings in your phone.
It sounds like you´re having a problem with the Daylight-Saving-Time. That might cause your problem.
I do not think DST has anything to do with this problem. It might cause some problems around midnight (i.e., some event could be 23:45 July 8 without DST, but 0:45 July 9 if the clock has been moved one hour ahead because of DST). However, DST would never result in 17:00 (i.e. 5PM) July 8 becoming 17:00 July 9.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 10, 2021 07:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

But have you checked, that you have on every device/computer/programm the correct setting?

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 10, 2021 21:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yeah, even though I'd agree with Maksym that DST shouldn't affect this in this way, I've checked both my computer and phone for correct time zone and DST settings (I'm a Sr IT Systems Engineer, so I've done my due diligence to try and troubleshoot as much as I can).

Also, I'd think the fact that the MPE Window app show the appointment/event on the wrong day would suggest the issues lies with the sync between Outlook and the MPE Windows App, before that data is even sent to my phone.

My belief is that the MPE Windows app first syncs with Outlook (to update itself), and then pushes the sync'd info in the MPE calendar to my phone calendar... I wouldn't think it would pull data from Outlook, push it to the phone, and then sync itself with my phone, but I could be wrong...
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 10, 2021 23:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Skier
Which data (day / time / time zone) are displayed in Outlook when you look at the appointment in correction mode?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.