FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Android 11 cant access photos etc on internal storage Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
gingernob2003

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 21, 2020 01:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just posted to an existing post but think this is better to have a clean question posting..

im running 1.8.15 on latest win 10 home ed but the problem isnt in the app as such i think.
It fails to access any internal storage now and i found this posting and wondered is this the problem and if so...is the solution really 2021??

Im on Samsung S20 5G running Android 11.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/08/android-11-apps-wont-have-full-storage-access-until-2021/#:~:text=Google%20has%20updated%20its%20support,select%20shared%20spaces%20like%20Downloads
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
gingernob2003

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 21, 2020 02:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On a separate thread there was mention of an uninst - reinst of the mobile app being a solution.
I tried this and it not only did not work but also the 'choose SD card root' screen presents itself but there is no 'select' button at the bottom. Its late, may be im being more dumb than usual.
fredmc

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 27, 2020 18:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Same phone, same Android version, same problem. System Storage and Internal Storage both say "Folder is Empty" in MPE on computer.

Hope a solution comes soon.

Fortunately, I can plug my phone in with USB and transfer photos in Windows Explorer.
gingernob2003

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 27, 2020 19:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, apologies i found my solution few days ago and i forgot to update this post.

It turns out that after the android 11 update, the memory sim was set to 'offline'

I realise this doesn't help you but i really should have posted an update immediately as i can't remember exactly how i solved it. I hope it helps but im 'fairly' sure it was via the 'My Files' App and choosing to analyse storage. Im fairly sure this is where it gave me the option to bring it online. Once the sim is back online, everything else was solved.

I hope this does help in some way.
David.
fredmc

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 27, 2020 22:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks. It helped in that it got me to thinking about file permissions.

My final solution was to uninstall the MPE app on my phone and reinstall. This caused me to again grant it permission to access files. That did it.
jose_10000

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 27, 2021 06:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks! I thought the app was losing functionality due to changes in Android, after reading this topic turns out the fix was easy. For anyone else coming here, you don't even need to uninstall and reinstall the app, just deny the storage or file management permission and then allow it again.
maid

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 11, 2021 00:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

every time I delete something it asks permission to access external storage but the phone only displays RECENT I click to try find the storage and it goes away and carries on with the sync.

Very tiresome
golddyfrance
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 16, 2021 08:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

gingernob2003 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Just posted to an existing post but think this is better to have a clean question posting..

im running 1.8.15 on latest win 10 home ed but the problem isnt in the app as such i think.
It fails to access any internal storage now and i found this posting and wondered is this the problem and if so...is the solution really 2021??

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/08/android-11-apps-wont-have-full-storage-access-until-2021/#:~:text=Google%20has%20updated%20its%20support,select%20shared%20spaces%20like%20Downloads

On this link which you have share here only I found info but not found any solution to this issue, or I am missing something if so then please can you explain me here.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 16, 2021 20:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This issue is already fixed in the current official client 1.0.80
MyPhoneExplorer Client has full file access on Android 11

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
john45

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 17, 2021 04:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

gingernob2003 hat Folgendes geschrieben:

same happen with me, i cant access. Then i do setting proper and now i can access my pictures. You have to look at your settings.
NickR54

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 29, 2021 15:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

jose_10000 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks! I thought the app was losing functionality due to changes in Android, after reading this topic turns out the fix was easy. For anyone else coming here, you don't even need to uninstall and reinstall the app, just deny the storage or file management permission and then allow it again.

Fixed it for me too.
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.