FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 *SOLVED* HELP !! Now MPE *automatically* updates on my phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 17, 2021 18:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... BUT I do NOT want this to happen !! Mad

I need to keep the app to version 1.0.48, the last really useful release for me, any newer version LOOSES messages (sms) sent from the PC, they do not appear neither on the phone nor on the PC, as if I had sent nothing !!

I had to update the "EMUI" today on my Android phone (Honor 9), and after the phone rebooted it automatically updated (switched) to ver. 1.0.78, which essentially kills the MPE usefulness (been discussed 2 years ago, no need to elaborate, it's not MPE's fault but Google/Android security issues).

If anybody here has experienced the same, and/or knows how to workaround it, THANK YOU in advance to let me know.

p.s. I have already re-installed twice the 1.0.48 app, but each time it automatically reverted to 1.0.78 !! Confused

Zuletzt bearbeitet von pzh9l am Mi Okt 20, 2021 11:53, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 17, 2021 19:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Brief update : it looks like MPE stays at 1.0.48 as long as I don't activate the Wifi on the phone...

So maybe there's a tweak in Android that prevents app updates as long as only the 4G is active but not the Wifi, but activates update as soon as Wifi is turned on...

Weird though, no other app exhibits this behaviour, they all stay to their current version - unless I force an update through the Playstore thingy...

Too bad there is no "Never update" preference in the MPE phone app, oh well...
bemanet

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 17, 2021 19:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can set the app in the playstore that it should no longer be updated automatically... In the respective app click on the three points... and remove the checkmark for automatic updates...

OnePlus 5 / Android 14
Pixel 8 / Android 14
W11 64bit / Microsoft 365
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 17, 2021 20:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

bemanet, thanxx, however the thing is that the apps are not supposed to automatically update, I have not enabled auto update in playstore.

As a matter of fact I have 12 apps (Huawei sh*tware) that have been waiting for an update since 2 years, I never update them and well... they don't do it on their own.

Plus I believe that the update waiting in Playstore is more recent than the 1.0.78, I really don't understand where that version is coming from, it's ridiculous I do have an MPE update version waiting for me to click (no way ! ^^) in the playstore, however it does update from 1.0.48 to 1.0.78 without me doing anything and an MPE update (to what version ??) still waiting in playstore (and remember, it was NOT acting like this before I updated the EMUI today, which I'd rather not have done, had I known this was going to happen next... Confused)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von pzh9l am So Okt 17, 2021 20:59, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 17, 2021 20:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Btw I have disabled auto update of the EMUI and another update on the phone (can't remember what), I thought it fixed the problem since nothing happened for 15-20 mns after I switched the Wifi on...

However I just lost an sms I sent, thinking it had stayed on 1.0.48, just to realize that no, it did update to 1.0.78 again. Sucker ! Confused
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 18, 2021 23:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Alright, after an entire day with WiFi dis-activated, I can assert with confidence that it is only when switching the WiFi on that this undesired, pesky update from 1.0.48 to 1.0.78 happens.

Although I have made sure that I have NOT checked the "download update via WiFi only" thing in the playstore (I have selected the "always ask me" and "never automatically download updates" choices).

Where the f*ck does that 1.0.78 come from ?? I never uploaded that version of MPE, never installed it myself, it had never done this b/f I updated the EMUI (modified android OS on the Honor), so wtf ?? I've done a search and that version can't even be found on the net (I've seen 1.0.77 and 1.0.79 on an apk d/load site, but 1.0.78 ? nope).
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 19, 2021 09:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think this version is the current one in Huawei App Store
I should update the Client also there...

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 19, 2021 21:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanx a lot for replying.

Had no idea an "Huawei App Store" (called "App Gallery") existed, for a moment I thought AH ! this _must_ be the solution to my problem !! - alas, I then checked on my phone and no, the App Gallery app is not installed.

(well, it does not appear in the applications list anyway, though the app icon is sitting somewhere on the mobile desktop but I never used it, in fact I just tried to launch it and it started to ask about setting it up, so I have to assume that it's not running (and never has in the past), and therefore is not the culprit for updating MPE... or is it ?? Rolling Eyes)

Now I'm thinking, if I could identify which app accesses the WiFi to then update MPE, I'd be able to kill it... so I'll look for an app that keeps track of which app uses the WiFi connection, not sure it exists though, we'll see.

Edit : just found this : https://www.glasswire.com/how-to-check-data-usage/#checkdatausage, let's see if it does the job.
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 19, 2021 23:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Holly sh*t !! Shocked Glasswire installed fine, looked into the results, and... "AppGallery" is the single most Wifi data consuming app on my phone !!! Shocked more than Youtube et all, just for October it shows 2.1GB of data received via Wifi !

So I have set the Firewall network access to blocked (this is an option in GWire, don't ask me what it does exactly, I just hope it does what it says ^^), alors I found out that AppGallery was indeed listed in the Applications page (which allowed me to stop it altogether), then activated the WiFi on the phone, now let's see if MPE still gets updated once again from 1.0.48 to 1.0.78, hopefully NOT, so far so good... (and sorry for the protracted explanations Embarassed)
pzh9l

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Okt 20, 2021 11:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Okay, so this is now under control, I'm back to MPE client 1.0.48 "stable" ^^.

The App Gallery app restarted itself after I had forced it to stop (no wonder, it's Huawei Trojan horse so to speak), I ended up unchecking the auto-download via Wifi in the app settings (duh !), and MPE didn't get updated since then (last night). Finally...!!

So this is now closed, sorry for the outburst ^^, but hopefully it will have been helpful for somebody here - well at least it hinted FJ to update the app on the Huawei App Gallery, so not totally useless. Smile

(btw I'm keeping Glasswire on my phone : free, no ads, very complete, app by app hour by hour if needed, with bar chart and stuff...)
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.