FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendars stopped syncing with MPE Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
InteRadek

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 18, 2021 11:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm using MyPhoneExplorer for many years and I really appreciate work you put in this software. Thank you very much.

Recently I noticed new calendar entries stopped showing up in MPE app on my computer. I didn't change anything in the settings, so I'm not sure what caused the issue. Everything else (contacts, notes, files etc.) sync fine.

When I look at my calendar entries in MPE, I assume it stopped syncing around October 20th. Around that time I upgraded MPE Client app from version 2.0 to 2.1. But around that time I also upgraded Google Calendar, so I'm note really sure which event could be the root cause. I tried to downgrade MPE Client back to 2.0, but that did not solve the issue.
On my computer I was using MPE 1.8.15. Today I upgraded to 1.9.0, but that did not solve the issue either.
I'm syncing all of my calendars from my phone. It runs on Android 11.

EDIT> I got the months wrong. I changed November to October.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von InteRadek am Do Nov 18, 2021 16:44, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 18, 2021 11:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Probably you are creating your new calendar entries in another calendar. Please check in which calendar you write new appointments. You can also take a look at the settings of MyPhoneExplorer Client on your phone (Calendars to sync...)

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
InteRadek

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 18, 2021 12:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for quick reply. In Calendars to sync, I have Sync all appointments option selected (all calendars). Additionally, when I update or remove entries on my phone that already exist in MPE, this is not reflected on my computer when I use Download all in Calendar section.
InteRadek

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 19, 2021 18:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just realized that the case is a bit different than I initially presented it. On October 19th, I migrated from my old phone (Android 8) to my new phone (Android 11). For this purpose, I performed data synchronization from my old phone using MPE to Outlook. Then i performed data synchronization from Outlook to my new phone using MPE.

This initial synchronization was successful, while later changes on the new phone were not reflected back in MPE and Outlook. If I now add a new entry in MPE or Outlook, it is also not sent to the new phone.
InteRadek

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 23, 2021 10:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I updated Android client to version 2.2. The issue still exists.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 23, 2021 11:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the PC open MPE and check : File > Settings > Sync > Events and Tasks - Advanced. Ensure the correct calendars are selected together with the range of events you want to sync. Also in which directions you wish to sync.

On the phone: MPE > Settings > Calendars to sync -> check that you are syncing the calendar you wish to view.
Also check 'Add new events to' for the same reason.

On the phone in your calendar app make sure you have the same calendar chosen to 'display' as you have chosen in MPE to 'sync'. That should clear up any doubts as to what you are syncing to what.

I also see you are using Google calendar on your phone? I assume from this that you are syncing to your google calendar on the phone? I used to do this but only AFTER disabling account sync (to Google in the cloud - settings > accouts > etc etc on your phone). But from Android 9 or 10 this still allowed calendar events to go to google in the cloud - which I didn't want so I now use local accounts on the phone. It could be that if you are allowing a 3-way sync (in effect) between Outlook, phone and Google (via your phone) that this is causing some of the issues you're seeing?

InteRadek

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 25, 2021 21:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you very much dvhttn, you hit the jackpot and the issue has been resolved.

Disabling cloud sync is the first thing I do while setting up a new phone. I was syncing Outlook with Google Calendar on my phone only because there was no local calendar. I was very suprised to find most of my local entries in my on-line account. The on-line calendar was not updated with new entries, but all entries that existed a month ago were transfered when I first uploaded them from Outlook. It seems MPE was unable to get along with the Google Calendar on the phone.

In MPE app I found an option to create a local calendar. I transfered Outlook entries to this calendar, updated it with entries existing on my phone, then removed all entries from Google Calendar on my phone and on-line account.

Now sync between Outlook and my local calendar works flawlesly. I owe you a beer. Cheers! Cool
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.