FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 21, 2021 16:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Please forgive me for being really stupid, but what is the purpose of using mpe without a PC based email client? Sorry, but I really don't understand. Can you, or someone please explain how you are using mpe.

Most of my issues with mpe under linux are in trying to sync an Android phone with Thunderbird. Most of the comment here don't mention an email client, and I just don't understand why.
To each their own! Wink

I don't use Google products as far as possible, so I use MPE to back up my photos, phone records, SMS, etc. Oh, and I love the Notes! No other Android option I've tried comes close.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 22, 2021 10:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

knottedknickers hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Please forgive me for being really stupid, but what is the purpose of using mpe without a PC based email client? Sorry, but I really don't understand. Can you, or someone please explain how you are using mpe.

Most of my issues with mpe under linux are in trying to sync an Android phone with Thunderbird. Most of the comment here don't mention an email client, and I just don't understand why.
To each their own! Wink

I don't use Google products as far as possible, so I use MPE to back up my photos, phone records, SMS, etc. Oh, and I love the Notes! No other Android option I've tried comes close.

Thanks. Note that Thunderbird is a Mozilla based product, not Google. Anyway, I didn't realise people used mpe as a backup tool, rather than a contact and calendar synchronisation tool. It has never even occurred to me to backup SMS, photos etc, since I don't keep any on my mobile. Any photos I take are moved off to my home PC ASAP. Just age I suspect!
cyberlion87

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 04, 2021 00:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It looked like it worked, but it didn't.

Please advise.

Code:
Instructions:
When MPE starts, click on File > Options, then type COM1 in the
com port text box (for a USB connection) or type COM2 (for a bluetooth
connection), then check Stable connection (for bluetooth) and click OK.
Lastly, click on the 'refresh' button (in the top corner, next
to the Down arrow) and MPE will connect!

Press Enter to run My Phone Explorer!
Running My Phone Explorer...
./myphoneinstaller3.2.sh: line 601: /home/user/.wine/drive_c/MyPhoneExplorer/My Phone Explorer: No such file or directory
pfinnegan

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 01, 2021 10:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE also working on Suse Leap 15.3.

MyPhoneExplorer 1.9.0 installed into Leap 15.3 and operating successfully using Wine.

Installation instructions

1. Install Wine.

sudo zypper install --no-recommends wine

2. Install mono and gecko packages needed for .NET and hrml rendering.

sudo zypper install wine-mono

sudo zypper install wine-gecko

3. Configure MyPhoneExplorer to run under wine using a wine prefix.

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-myphoneexplorer WINEARCH='win32' winecfg

4. Download wintricks.

cd "${HOME}/Downloads"
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Wi...src/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks

https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

5. Setup VB libraries.

CD to downloads directory.

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-myphoneexplorer WINEARCH='win32' sh winetricks vb6run

6. Install MyPhoneExplorer
Download MyPhoneExplorer.

CD to downloads directory

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-myphoneexplorer WINEARCH='win32' wine MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.9.0.exe (make sure the exe file name is correct).

7. Start MyPhoneExplorer

Start from the desktop icon or the entry in the applications menu or "Alt-F2 MyPhoneExplorer"

NB: The app does not appear in the task bar and can be hidden by other windows so "Alt-Tab" to locate. This is probably fixable.

I have synced by my phone over WiFi and sent SMS messages. All the buttons work. No issue to report so far.
pfinnegan

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 24, 2023 10:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ_restored hat Folgendes geschrieben:
No - this would be too easy Wink
I have to rewrite many things to make this Wine-Compatible Versions.
I think its enough if i make after every major-release a wine-version.

I don't think it is fair to ask you to write Wine versions of MPE for free when you are already creating and distributing a free Windows version of what is the most popular PC phone management app in the world.

It is relatively easy for any Linux user to run MPE in a Virtual Box Windows VM. A Windows license is around 130 Euros assuming the OS cannot get the Windows key from the bios.

Info here: https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37498

Let all those people who want a Linux version of MPE crowd fund the effort. Otherwise bite the bullet and buy a license for a Windows VM.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 24, 2023 11:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Agreed, but there is no harm in people trying to work out ways of doing it without having to have a full blown VM, or support from FJ.

I need to sync my contacts and calendar with Linux Thunderbird, so I'm not sure whether a VM would help.

For calendar and contacts it turns out there is a relatively simple method. The calendar can be exported from Thunderbird to a local ics file, and then used from that local file both for Thunderbird and MPE under wine. That works fine and I've made that a permanent change to my system.

For contacts it's a little more difficult. You have to find a way to get Thunderbird to use a shared local file instead of its internal contacts. The CardBook extension for Thunderbird allows Thunderbird to share a local vcf file. MPE under wine can see that as well. Cardbook isn't ideal, since you have to use contacts slightly differently in Thunderbird, but it does work.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.