FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
fleetfoot

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 24, 2020 12:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Since I use MPE allot with my computer to write sms's, its faster for me than to type with huge fingers, it would be nice to be able to attach MMS to the texting via MPE. Often I need to send a picture but to go about it by sending the pic to the phone and then manually sending it.

Thanks
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Halis

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 06, 2020 07:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Technostud hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Is there a way to have MyPhoneExplorer ignore phone number text after 'x'? If not, could I please make that friendly suggestion for a future version?

My contacts originate from Microsoft Outlook. When you enter a phone number in Outlook, anything that you put after an 'x' is supposed to be ignored by dialers and SMS programs. I have entries like the following example in my Outlook phone number fields:
"(714) 555-1212 x Best to call after 6 PM at Night".
The problem is that MyPhoneExplorer doesn’t ignore the ”x” and everything after it. Therefore, the Phone and Texting apps on my Android device can’t match phone numbers to my imported phone book entries. MyPhoneExplorer turns all the "P"'s into pauses and keeps all the "N"'s. I understand that some users use those codes in the phone number fields, and I am not looking to disrupt them. It would be great if users could turn on an Advanced setting that instructed MyPhoneExplorer to ignore the “x” and everything after it in phone number fields.

If you have Outlook and want to see what I’m talking about, then open a Contact. Double-click on an underlined phone number in a phone number field. A “Check Phone Number” dialogue box will appear. You can then type anything in the Extension field such as “Bob Smith’s best phone number on the weekends.” Of course, you could just type an “x” after the phone number and type your notes without opening that dialogue box. In any case, it’s a great way to comment on phone numbers. It seems that you might just need to code things so that the software ignores “x” and any characters after it. I understand that not all users will want this feature, so just make it an advanced setting, and let users activate it.

By the way, since Android has a way of messing up the formatting of my Outlook contact records, I only ever perform one-way syncs from Outlook to my phone. So, if the phone number fields get scrubbed with each sync, that’s no problem.

Thanks again for such awesome software. I hope that this information can help make it even better.

This would be an awesome improvement. Is it possible? Here's an example of a phone number that I have in Outlook:
"(555) 555-5555 x Paul & Nadia Wells, husband & wife (call after 8 AM M-F + after 10 AM Sa)."

After MyPhoneExplorer syncs to my Android phone, here's what the phone number looks like in Android:
"(555) 555-5555 , N;, ; ( 8 - + 10 )."

If MyPhoneExplorer simply had the option to ignore everything after "x", then all that other garbage after the phone number wouldn't sync.

P.S.- Because of problems like this, I always push/sync one-way from Outlook to Phone, and that's totally fine. I don't expect to edit my contents on my phone and have them sync back to Outlook correctly because of Android Contact limitations. That's no problem. I just wish there was a setting so that MyPhoneExplorer ignored everything after "x" in my Outlook Contact phone number fields.
Giangi

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 17, 2020 13:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Halis hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I have entries like the following example in my Outlook phone number fields:
"(714) 555-1212 x Best to call after 6 PM at Night".

Actually that is not what one should put into a phone number... Cool
Why not using the note field?

mb300sd

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 12, 2020 03:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Remote control phone through wifi.

Might require rooted device, but should be easy using the input command.

Code:
shell@m0:/ $ input
input
usage: input ...
       input text <string>
       input keyevent <key code number or name>
       input [touchscreen|touchpad|touchnavigation] tap <x> <y>
       input [touchscreen|touchpad|touchnavigation] swipe <x1> <y1> <x2> <y2> [duration(ms)]
       input trackball press
       input trackball roll <dx> <dy>

Please provide the feature for us with root. I used fixed IP address and access my phone through VPN, would have come in very handy when I left it at a bar the other night.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenAIM-Name
cjholly

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 18, 2021 21:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Now that I have acquired a second device, I find it would be useful to default user to my primary device. If that is not too difficult to implement, it would be appreciated. --Chris
xanda

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 14, 2021 17:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Using MPE on Android Go edition (10/Q) works for the most part but does have some rough edges like:-
    - Desktop notifications no longer shown because 'draw over other apps' capability is missing.
    - Device monitor only partially supported.
    - Connecting to device can be unreliable despite battery optimisation permissions.

Hope these can be worked on. Very Happy
Hellman_x

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 20, 2021 03:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please add a setting to turn off the 15 Minute timer if the Mobile app does not get to a connection to a PC.
jmjong

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 12, 2021 05:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Greetings from Singapore.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well.

I am a VERY long time user and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Franz for keeping this wonderful software free for all these years.

It has been invaluable in making my life easier as a tetraplegic and your efforts are greatly appreciated by me and countless others I'm sure.

I came across an android emulator that seemed to give a smoother experience when controlling my phone from the pc and thought you might be interested in taking a look to see if the code might improve your software in that area.

https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

hope you find it useful.

- Jason
JRTuttle4

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 13, 2021 16:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If it is possible, it would be nice if the Call Log could import what the Google Phone app refers to as Declined Calls. The Samsung Phone app also refers to these calls as Rejected Calls.

If the call comes in while connected to MyPhoneExplorer, the call will show as a Missed Call, but the next time you Sync the Call Log, that call disappears since the device lists it as a Declined Call or Rejected Call.

Thank you for continuing to update and support this useful software!

Tony Boulet

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 20, 2021 08:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
It would be nice to have the option to save the settings (I am especially thinking of multi-synch / scripts).
Thank you!
Tony
cnadon

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 16, 2021 05:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

v1.9.0
Screen mirroring
win 7

The initial calculation of % to get the PORTRAIT fit in the PC display is fine,
But when in LANDSCAPE the % could go higher.

My wish:
- keep the initial % calculation as it is.
- allow to go to 100%

Thank you
cnadon

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 16, 2021 05:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

DARK mode

v1.9.0
win7

Hello,
I'm using a dark theme in win 7. (which works fine pretty much everywhere)

Most of the pages in MPE come out ok.

Except:
- Other > Monitor
- Other > memory status
Their background stay white, while chars are white in my dark theme.
The background should be the same as Files tab, in my case dark.

Thank you
devijohn321

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 01, 2022 12:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have one suggestion could it be possible to let users create more folders in the Messages group (either in parallel with the present folders/items or as subfolders within the Archive. This would be very helpful for anybody who needs more structured SMS archive.
clearsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 16, 2022 14:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have you considered going open source?
Pedja

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 28, 2022 12:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When going through the directories, after going one directory UP it opens parent directory but focus is on the first listing in a directory (on the top).

It would be much more usable if it focuses on the directory use just got out. That would allow user to quickly navigate and search through directories instead of having to scroll down each time he exits child directory.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.