FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Cant sync Outlook<->MyPhone explorer (but MPE<-> Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Olle_73

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 22, 2022 12:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

I have been using MyPhoneExplorer (MPE) for a long time without any problems. But suddenly I cannot sync between MPE and Outlook.

But the sync between MPE and phone works OK.

I have tested both version 1.8.15 as well as 1.9.0

Anyone else that have discovered this issue?

Thanks!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 22, 2022 13:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

File > Settings > Sync > [Sync with] etc - first thing to check.

Olle_73

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 22, 2022 16:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
File > Settings > Sync > [Sync with] etc - first thing to check.

I tried both "Sync both" and "Force Phone->Outlook", but nothing helps.

What is interesting in the dialog box "Confirmation for sync", you get information which events that are on the process to be synced and you can choose what to do with each event. But even if "Create new entry in Outlook" is marked, no entries are created in Outlook.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 23, 2022 12:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you're like me you keep your Outlook contacts/calendar as your "master" database so you have no problems if the phone copies get trashed. If so, then ensure your Outlook copies are truly up to date (do some manual sync'ing if you really need to) then go to your phone settings/apps/[show system apps]/calendar ... contacts storage/storage/[clear cache ... clear data]* - this will delete the calendar/contacts storage on your phone.

* - the settings route on your phone will be similar to this but probably not exactly the same!

Set up MPE on your phone and PC to point to the correct Outlook folders (PC) and correct calendar/contacts account(s) (phone). In MPE on the PC use the 'download entire' button (big blue arrow) to upload the phones contents to MPE. As the phone storage id empty this will also 'empty' MPE on the PC. Then do a sync and see if that sorts things out.

Olle_73

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 24, 2022 09:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ithen go to your phone settings/apps/[show system apps]/calendar ... contacts storage/storage/[clear cache ... clear data]

Should I clear the cache/data in the calendar app I´m using or is it any system-app-calendar you referring to?

What will happen the calendar in MPE when I do so? Because now some calendar item only exists in MPE and in my phone and I don't want them to disappear completely.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 24, 2022 10:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Olle_73 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Ithen go to your phone settings/apps/[show system apps]/calendar ... contacts storage/storage/[clear cache ... clear data]

Should I clear the cache/data in the calendar app I´m using or is it any system-app-calendar you referring to?

What will happen the calendar in MPE when I do so? Because now some calendar item only exists in MPE and in my phone and I don't want them to disappear completely.

All apps (at least to my knowledge) use the system contacts/calendar storage so this is what is cleared.

I thought you were using Outlook as your PC program? In which case it does not matter what happens with the MPE calendar as it will get repopulated when you sync again. As I clearly said, make sure that your Outlook is completely up to date, even if you have to do some entries manually.

If you are just using MPE as your calendar then don't do what I said above and 'search' more for solutions that are for that situation.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.