FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE Phone client IP address keeps changing Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Try*3

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 07, 2022 14:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro with Android 11 and MPE v1.9

I used to be able to tell MPE on the computer just once what the IP address shown in the phone's MPE Client was. I could then connect reliably. I could set MPE on the computer to autodetect and it would happily work - I could connect across the phone's wifi hotspot, to the phone if it was connected to my home network and when the phone was connected by USB.

But for the last few versions the phone's MPE Client has frequently changed its IP address so I cannot connect automatically across my phone's WiFi hotspot.
- Autodetect does not make it connect. Only putting in the IP address does.
- Switching to USB is awkward.
- I cannot switch to using the phone connected to my home network yet still get on with other jobs. My phone & its WiFi hotspot are my home network's internet connection.
So I have to keep stopping what I'm doing, running the MPE phone client, reading its IP address, typing that into the computer's MPE and then connecting.

1 Is there a way to fix this? A way to fix the MPE Phone client IP address?

My phone deletes my MPE app from my Homescreen whenever MPE gets updated.
- The phone does not do this for any other app so I believe that MPE must be doing this.
- My Android does not provide an obvious method of adding MPE back to my Homescreen but it can be done by pressing the small caret symbol (^) that can be seen only at the bottom of the central Homescreen and not on any other Homescreens. App icons can be dragged from there to Homescreens.

2 How can I stop MPE updates deleting the MPE on my Homescreen?

Denis

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 05, 2022 17:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Try*3 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I used to be able to tell MPE on the computer just once what the IP address shown in the phone's MPE Client was. I could then connect reliably.
But for the last few versions the phone's MPE Client has frequently changed its IP address so I cannot connect automatically across my phone's WiFi hotspot.
1 Is there a way to fix this? A way to fix the MPE Phone client IP address?

The MPE Client does not have an IP adress of its own, ot just displays the phone's IP address.

IP address are usually assigned by a DHCP server, which is usually a component of home network routers. Check for an option in the router settings which lets the router remember the phone's IP address so that it will get the same address each time it reconnects. A variant would be setting a very long lease time. The possibilities might be router dependent.

Another possible option is defining static IP addresses. This is unusual and might be a bit more difficult, so before doing that, try the first suggestion.

If the phone toggles between two addresses, check if the router operates multiple networks and the phone is hooked to both.

A more tricky problem might be special apps on the phone which changes its MAC address, perhaps also as a part of security software. This confuses routers intentionally, but your own router too, and this will lead to always changing IP addresses. So don't install such things without reason.

How can I stop MPE updates deleting the MPE on my Homescreen?
Maybe you should place a separate topic in the forum.
I do not have an answer regarding the second question, hovever, the need to habe the clint program at hand is probably obsolete with the first problem solved. Else, MPE updates are not so frequent, so setting a new link after each update might solve this.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Try*3

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 06, 2022 05:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for replying.

It sounds like I'll just have to live with it. I connect through the phone's WiFi hotspot [because my phone is my internet connection] and it has no facility for controlling that IP address.

In previous MPE versions, once I had connected successfully by putting in a specific IP address [in the computer's MPE] I could then change its connection to auto-detect and it would tolerate changes in the IP address. Now it does not, I have to put in the new IP address each time it changes.

All the best,
Denis

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 06, 2022 10:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I connect through the phone's WiFi hotspot
Ok, I did not notice that in your first message. This is probably an unusual way and I could imagine that MPE is not prepared for that, but unfortunalely I don't know.
On the net, I found very few about the IP addresses used by that function:
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/46499/how-configure-the-dhcp-settings-of-wifi-tethering-hotspot-on-android
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/955592-how-do-i-know-what-ip-address-assigned-wifi-hotspot.html
But I am afraid, this will not help ...
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.