FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problem syncronizing Thunderbird lightning iCal files. Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Magnus
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 29, 2006 16:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello. I tried to search for this on the forum, but my german is really poor. I have problems when I try to sync my ical-files that I got from thunderbird into my W800i.

After I have imported multiple calendars and I try to sync. It starts syncing but the phone seems to hang up. I get a blank screen and it restarts (I think, hard know) and goes back. I get no added entries.

If I just make a meeting in my phone and then sync, edit and resync it works fine. Seems like there are too many entries or that somehow MyPhoneExplorer has a problem with imported calendarfiles. I will do some more testing (only using one calendar, making a new calendar etc) but I wanted to throw the question out here at the same time if anybody got any pointers.

Thanks in advance for your patience! I have only used this software for a short while, but I love it already! I haven't even installed SE PC-suite yet. Keep up the good work!
Magnus
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 29, 2006 18:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I forgot to mention that I tried this both over bluetooth as well as USB-cable but I still have the same symptoms. I have upgraded my firmware to the latest as well (that might be a part of the problem?).

Is this perhaps a limitation on the the phoneside? That it can't accept certain vcalendar entries that myphoneexplorer have converted from the iCal format.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 29, 2006 18:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The whitepaper of the W800 says that you can save 380 events, but i know you become problems over 300 items. How many events you try to sync ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Magnus
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 30, 2006 23:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Not more than 30, probably less. It hangs at one of the first appointments. So I guess it's something that is missing or it has perhaps some illegal data.

Note that the appointments I create directly in MyPhoneExplorer works fine. Just the imported data that makes the phone crash. A wild guess would be that the program somehow converts illegal data instead of stripping it? Could it be an issue with the files that the Thunderbird lightning plugin creates, causing the illegal data?

I haven't had time to do any further testing yet (last finals in school today and I start working tomorrow) but I will try again in a day or two.

Thanks for any help. Keep up the good work!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.