FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Existing phone connection stopped working for no reason Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 25, 2023 21:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Been using this software for years. Today tried to sync Outlook contacts with my phone and the WiFi connection failed for no reason, saying phone could not be identified, even though the exact same sync worked a million times before.

tried reinstalling both, phone app and desktop client, one at a time, then both simultaneously - didnt help. Deleted existing user from the desktop client and tried re-adding back the phone - same result. Always throws "phone could not be identified error" as of today. I have not changed any settings or install/uninstall any apps on the phone or PC in a while, so it must be one of the recent MyPhoneExplorer updates that broke it.

Tried adding the phone via Bluetooth instead of WiFi, which I normally use - doesnt work either. No errors, the desktop client just closes, after a while.

The phone is Vivo X Fold. If anyone has any suggestions, before I'm forced to abandon MyPhoneExplorer and find another contact synching software, please let me know.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 00:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please check in the app info of the MPE client whether all rights are activated ?!
This error message always occurs when 'Phone' is disabled.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 04:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the reply. The thought about MPE Client Android app permissions had already crossed my mind before I posted, so I gave the app ALL permissions available - made no difference. Desktop client still produces the message "Phone could not be identified".
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 04:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The exact same issue reported yesterday by another user, for whom the app has also worked fine for years: https://androidforums.com/threads/myphoneexplorer-issue.1346997/
bemanet

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 08:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The issue was solved by the user... please see: https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36745

Pixel 8 / Android 14
W11 64bit / Microsoft 365
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 10:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@ bemanet you failed to read the previous messages in this thread and therefore failed to notice that suggestion was already previously made and that I replied to it, saying it did NOT resolve the problem in my case. It may have worked for that user, but my phone MPE app already had all permissions granted to it.

I also very clearly said in the OP the sync previously worked for years, Ive synced this phone and other phones a million times, and that I have not changed any phone MPE client or desktop MPE software settings. It can be very easily inferred from that information such suggestion is irrelevant in my case. If MPE did not have phone permissions, or other permissions it needs - it would not have worked for me in the past.

It's most likely a software defect on MPE side, and that bug needs to be identified and fixed, rather than trying to find some fault with my phone, or my settings.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 13:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The permission "Phone" is essential for MyPhoneExplorer and he also did need this permission in the past. it worked in the past because you allowed this permission. It stopped working because Android removes permissions if seldom used apps from time to time. You get notified about this in Android, probably you did not notice this.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 26, 2023 23:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello FJ,

Your assumption that "It stopped working because Android removes permissions if seldom used apps from time to time." is incorrect. I am well aware of that setting, and I have had this setting disabled on my phone for this particular app (and ALL other apps I use) for years.

I have also already said thrice, in plain English in this thread, that before making the forum post I already double checked and made sure MPE app on my phone has ALL permissions it wants, not just "phone" permission. All permissions are active/enabled/allowed and I'm talking about RIGHT NOW, not just the past....I'm not sure why my message isn't getting through and people keep speculating that there is something wrong with my phone permissions.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 11:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, then please post the logfile directly after the error message was shown: Menu-File-Settings-Show logfile

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 19:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm not willing to share the log publicly, due to privacy and personal security concerns, and when I tried to send you a PM and attach the log - I got this from the forum: "You may not send a private message yet (at least 5 posts in the forum and at least 2 days after registration). This measure is to protect against spam."
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 19:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@FJ if you want the whole log - please unblock my user from sending PMs and I will send it to you. However, I believe these are the log lines you are looking for:

10:55:13.49 AndroidSocket_Connect...
10:55:13.60 Connect to Android OK (192.168.1.252)
10:55:13.60 Settimeout: RT=2000 WT=500
10:55:13.60 bOpened=True
10:55:13.61 [TX]: AT+CGSN
10:55:15.60 C.Answer=
10:55:15.60 Got no Model, close port
10:55:15.60 ClosePort called
10:55:15.60 Androidsocket wird geschlossen 7
10:55:15.60 Port wurde geschlossen
10:55:15.61 Phone could not be identified
10:55:15.61 Refresh ComDescriptions...
10:55:15.62 ErrMsg: Connection to phone could not be established:
Phone could not be identified

It looks like your software is coded to simply close the connection port, when it cannot get the phone model. Also, keep in mind Chinese phones like Vivo use their own Android OS skins, based on vanilla Android, due to US/Google licensing restrictions, imposed on Chinese tech firms. Vivo X Fold uses OriginOS 3, which is based on Android 13. Until recently, your software used to work just fine with this firmware version of my phone, and previous ones, which were based on Android 11 and then Android 12.

Note: My browser's automated translation to English appears to be breaking and translating against my will several lines in the log I'm pasting - I cannot disable it. Some of the log text I'm pasting is actually in German.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 21:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You are right, the permission is not the problem. MyPhoneExplorer gets no answer vom MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone. Maybe a firewall blocks the communication.

- restart your WiFi Router
- restart your phone
- launch MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone manually and keep it opened
- ensure that the phone screen is active while you try to connect

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 23:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've already tried all of the above, and then some (things like disabling Windows Firewall and Virus and threat protection), before you suggested it.

I dont believe this is WiFi related, because I get the exact same error when trying to sync the phone using USB-C cable.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 23:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, then the next steps would be to try another PC and another phone to locate the issue better

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 27, 2023 23:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I only have ONE Microsoft Office license, and the Office, including the Outlook, which contains contacts database I'm trying to sync is installed only on ONE computer, which I'm trying to sync with my phone.

I dont have another computer with Office installation, my full contacts I need to sync are not on any other computers, and I do not own another smartphone - this is the only one.

Also, if I got another smartphone to work with MPE that would give me no clues how to fix this error with the phone I actually need to use.

My counter suggestion is for you to create a debug version of the app's primary executable, which has enhanced logging enabled (log must be plain text, not encrypted/obfuscated - otherwise I wont be able to send it over, if I cannot see what kind of info your app collected from my computer) and send it over to me. I then would run the test again, and PM you the log, once your forum allows me to send private messages (right now it does not)
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.