FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Some wishes for future versions Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
basil_battery
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 07, 2007 11:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The Explorer have already few types of sms-notification.
Is it possible to make another one - in system tray, some kind of icon?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 07, 2007 18:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its planned for the next major-release (Additional trayicon with general eventwindow - for missed calls, appointments, sms,....)
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
pouldam
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 15, 2007 15:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this old subject, but I have just installed version 1.6.4 of this nice utility after being annoyed by some bugs in another well-known competitive freeware product.

However, one thing I miss that the other app had, was the ability so show an envelope in the tray when a new message has been received. I am not able to find this functionality in MPE -- at least not if I have disabled the popup and ballon notification.

I would really like this feature, so that I can see that I have received a new message without the message itself being displayed on the screen -- you may e.g. receive private messages while at work.

Will this be implemented in the future?

What does the setting "show notification window only in tray" do?

/ Thanks in advance, Poul
Cor

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 15, 2007 17:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For me, this is also great. Now only the missed cals, events etc. are showed in tray, but not the sms.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 15, 2007 18:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Cor: Just set the message-notification to "Popup-Window". Then it will be displayed in the same window as Reminders and missed calls

@pouldam:
Please tell me whats exactly your problem. You get no notification in general or does the notification work and you don't want to see all data instantly ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Cor

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 16, 2007 00:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
What does the setting "show notification window only in tray" do?

This setting means that the notifications like sms, missed calls and reminders are only show in your systemtray. So then a envelope, or a red phone or an bell is showed. You will see the message after xxx them. Set your sms to popup-window (see message from FJ)

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 16, 2007 11:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi guys,

Please disregard my first post. The application actually works exactly as I like it to Smile

My problem was, that I was unable to get the envelope in the tray without also popping up the message when I received an sms. I turned out that it was only a matter of configuring the application correctly, as Cor wrote above: Check "show notification window only in tray" and "popup-window".

I guess I felt it was counter-intuitive to check the "popup-window" -- as this was exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Anyway, works like a charm and thank you for helping!

Lessons learned and one think that would really be helpful for newcomers like myself, would be tooltips in the configuration dialogs. These could really have helped me here and reduce the number of questions like "what does setting X do and what does setting Y do".

/ Have a nice weekend, Poul
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.