FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 03, 2007 20:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There is already a backup-feature in MyPhoneExplorer. A general auto-backup has not good sense cause it would blow up the Archive. But MyPhoneExplorer is able to auto-archive messages which were deleted on the phone.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Rajiv

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 04, 2007 09:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
There is already a backup-feature in MyPhoneExplorer. A general auto-backup has not good sense cause it would blow up the Archive. But MyPhoneExplorer is able to auto-archive messages which were deleted on the phone.

Yes I already know that "SMS Auto Archive" function is already there. I want this very nice and effective feature to be extended to the Phonebook and Organiser entries also. Please do not confuse it with Backup function built into the programme.

To elaborate my point let me give you an example. Suppose I have 300 phonebook entries and my phone is taken by my 4 year old son to play game on it and he deletes a few phonebook entries. I will only be able to find out about the deletions when I am going to call the person whose phonebook entries is deleted, and may be by the time I realise it, my old backups will be overwritten by a new one.

Similarly I may enter an important meeting and it gets deleted somehow (Above example can be considered). There will be no way I am going to realise it and I will definitely miss the meeting.

However if you give the user an auto archive feature the software will flag the deleted/modified entries and transfer it to an auto archive folder and the user can check everytime he/she syncs the phone with the software for those entries and immediately will be informed about unintended modification / deletion of important data.

If any user does not want to use the feature it can be simply set to auto delete as an option as provided in case of "SMS Auto Archive"

As for the blowing up of the archive size I think size of SMS entries are much greater than that of the Phonebook or the Organiser entries.

Hope you understand my point.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
ClaesG

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 04, 2007 23:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Idea Would there be any chance of a U3 compatible version of MyPhoneExplorer in the future? I would love to have this great application available on a usb memory stick when I travel.

For info on U3, see http://software.u3.com/ (please note that I am in no way connected with that site. I just use some of the software available there).

/Claes

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 13:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Rajiv: I understand your point, but i will not follow your suggestions. MyPhoneExplorer is a easy-to-use app and the features you suggested make MyPhoneExplorer hard to understand for somebody who do not often works with a PC

@ClaesG: Already checked out - its not possible cause MyPhoneExplorer needs registred librarys on the PC. And this can be only done with Admin-rights
Punkoff
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 14:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Rajiv & FJ
FJ, you can make 2 interface layouts and 2 functionality sets, "novice" and "expert" and give users ability to switch them
brisMark
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 19:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ive seen the first of these suggestions somewhere I think, but thought I'd repeat it. I think the following would be great tho:

- ability to ping a phone (check if its available)
- change the from number when sending a text
- code ur own pdu code when sending texts
- check and log message/call counters to monitor usage. perhaps have export for importing to excel (csv file, etc)

sound useful/possible/likely?!

Cheers.
Zayoos

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 20:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

brisMark hat Folgendes geschrieben:
- ability to ping a phone (check if its available)

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19187#19187
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 20:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
- change the from number when sending a text

Technically not possible
Zitat:
- code ur own pdu code when sending texts

Whats the sense of this ? MyPhoneExplorer is here to send textmessages for you - its not MyPhoneExplorers job to be a developer-tool to test PDU-Texts. Use "PDU-Spy" for this
Zitat:
- check and log message/call counters to monitor usage. perhaps have export for importing to excel (csv file, etc)

Its not possible to read out those values from the phone
ClaesG

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 05, 2007 23:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
@ClaesG: Already checked out - its not possible cause MyPhoneExplorer needs registred librarys on the PC. And this can be only done with Admin-rights
What a pity Sad Still, as I said, a great piece of software all the same. Thank's for the info. Very Happy

/Claes

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 06, 2007 08:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
@Rajiv: I understand your point, but i will not follow your suggestions. MyPhoneExplorer is a easy-to-use app and the features you suggested make MyPhoneExplorer hard to understand for somebody who do not often works with a PC

The feature is very similar to SMS Auto Archive and if a user is able to understand SMS Auto Archive he/she will be able to understand Phonebook & Organiser Auto Archive.

However if you still want to keep it simple. You can disable the Auto Archive feature by default so that any experienced user is able to use it by enabling it.

This can make both novice and experienced user Happy.
Nisses

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 10, 2007 16:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Any chance for file rename feature?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 10, 2007 18:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Technically not possible (based on OBEX-Protocol)
Dark Orpheus
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 17, 2007 12:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I was very happy when I found your software. I was ready to donate some funds as it was the software I need.

When I tried to connect my phone to this software I got a problem. Searched the forums and found out it does not support Symbian based phones Sad(((

I have W950i Sad(

Guys please make a support for these models
Cor

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 18, 2007 01:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3649&highlight=p1i

If you can't read use google translate. http://www.google.com/translate_t

Kishor

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 19, 2007 07:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I generally use Phone Keyboard feature under extras to make calls (as most of my calls happen over a conference bridge line and the same will have a new phone number and I need to key it in along with a conference code).

If you can allow to copy and paste a number sequence into the phone keyboard it will help me.

Thanks.
Kishor
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.