FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Text Message Memory Over 95% Full Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
peta303
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 12, 2008 23:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have experienced the same problem with my sister's K310, circa 10 months old one. New firmware and master reset eventually helped, while nothing else did. The same happened to my K320 today. I have it just for 4 months - quite unexpected. Now I am deciding whether to do the master reset or not as I don't want to (do that now and then) - annoying.

The only thing the phones have in common is that both of are using MPE - to me it seems that the program might be buggy that it just does not really delete the messages.

I'd have a look to the german forum whether I could find any solution there, however, my german is quite poor and while both EN+DE are not my native laguages...who knows Wink
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 12, 2008 23:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

oops (sorry) the first one - "...both of us..." of course
the second one - I missed FJ's explanation, I'd like to apologize for that and for a quite meaningless post. However, delivery reports did not consume any space in my case. The other thing strange to me was that the amount of messaging was much higher in her case than in mine and it had happened within a month.

Perhaps we would rather try to find a solution than to blame anything for that. Wink
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 13, 2008 09:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I searched long time for a malfunction in MyPhoneExplorer - but i'm sure its a common problem in some models of SE. Up to yet the problem disappeared on every user if you don't use the Interface of MyphoneExplorer to delete messages. If you get a message - read and delete it on the phone. After some messages the counter will be correct again.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
peta303
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 18, 2008 02:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
After some messages the counter will be correct again.

Pity that nobody knows the way to reset the phone's counter upon user's request. There would have been an easy solution in making a routine to reset it after any message was received/sent/deleted.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 18, 2008 09:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
There would have been an easy solution in making a routine to reset it after any message was received/sent/deleted.

AFAIK there is no way to reset the messagecounter from external software
neil5280
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 09, 2008 22:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've deleted all messages on the phone a couple times now and I've reset it a couple times. I'll continue to try this method until it works hopefully. Is there any word on if the Master Reset actually fixes the problem? I don't want to do one if it won't fix my problem for sure.
Zayoos

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 09, 2008 22:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

One of the Polish users had this problem with W300. He said that in his case this problem was fixed only after master reset (reset all).
neil5280
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 09, 2008 22:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

neil5280 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I've deleted all messages on the phone a couple times now and I've reset it a couple times. I'll continue to try this method until it works hopefully. Is there any word on if the Master Reset actually fixes the problem? I don't want to do one if it won't fix my problem for sure.

After I posted this, I tried something new. I sent messages to myself. I waited for a few to build up. That is the number of messages in both my Inbox and my Sent Messages was greater than 1. I then deleted them all using the phone.

It looks like the problem has gone away.

Thanks for a great product and the support you provide in the forums. When you get money from an email address ending in writescode, that's me.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.