FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Syncing Outlook takes ages & creates duplicates Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
tosime

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2008 14:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- Model of your phone: W810i
- Type of connection: Bluetooth
- MPE-version: 1.6.7
- Windows version: XP
- firmware version:

Problem: When I sync with outlook on startup, syncing is very slow. I then see duplicate calendar entries in otlook for each synchronization.

I now have multiple calendar entries in outlook and in my phone.

What do I do?

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2008 17:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Does it happen only if Outlook is not started ? Are you connected to a exchange-server ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
tosime

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2008 18:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your reply.

I am not connected to a server.
My normal boot sequence loads Outlook, then a few minutes later, loads MPE which is set to multi-sync on startup.

In the last few days, I notice that sync takes many minutes. Then I noticed duplicate calendar entries in Outlook and my phone.

Right now I have turned off auto sync. Syncing manually for numbers and mesages is OK. Only problem is with Outlook. MPE seems to create new entries in both Outlook and MPE.

I have had to manually remove duplicate calendar entries in Outlook - quite time consuming...

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2008 18:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Does it happen also if you start the sync manually ?
tosime

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 20, 2008 21:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

To try a manual sync, I deleted all calendar entries on my phone then synced the phone to MPE only. This resulted in all calendar entries in MPE being deleted. I then synced with outlook.

The sync started normally then slowed to a crawl. I eventually got a series of error messages - "Connection to phone not possible!" - with each transfer. Eventaully everything stopped and my phone hung. I had to reset my phone by removing the battery and end MPE through Task Manager. There were no duplicate entries in Outlook.

I tried again and everything went faster than before but eventually again slowed to a crawl and the error message started again. This time it started close to the end of the sync after more than 30 minutes.

Right now it looks like it is close to the end of the sync but it is very slow and the same error messages come slower than before.

The sync just finished in MPE but my phone still shows the synchronizing message. I terminated the sync on the phone. The phone calendar looks normal with synced entries to Outlook.

I tried exiting MPE and restarting it but I got the error message "the phone could not be identified".

What should I do now?

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 02, 2012 02:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I synch contacts and events from OutLook 2010 (same thing happened with 2007). I do not use an exchange server. The first couple of times I synched, not all my contacts synched. After about the third time, they were all in my phone (a Samsung SCH-I405 (a Symphony, I think)). The next time I synched, all my contacts were again sent over to my phone with the result that I has duplicates of all my contacts on my phone. I quit synching because of that problem. Tonight, I synched again just to see what it would do. It again sent all of my contacts to my phone so, now I have every contact three times. How do I keep that from happening and how do I get rid of the multiple contacts. I have been afraid to delete any contacts out of fear that it would synch back and delete them from OutLook.

Another issue (for which I might should create a different post - let me know if I need to) is that every phone number on my phone is synched over with a "+" in front of it (they are not that way in OutLook). The result is that when I try to use them, the phone tries to make an international call. I have gone in and edited the ones I use most frequently but that is a pain.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 14, 2012 22:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@tosime: Set the sync protocol in the settings to IRMC-SYNC, this protocol is more stable

@dehudgens: Do you use WiFi or USB ? Which Client version is installed ? Ensure that Client Version 1.0.22 is installed and press the "Download entire" button after you had a connection problem to ensure that MyPhoneExplorer does know what is currently stored on the phone.

+-sign: Please tell me how the number is store din Outlook, you can XXX the last 3 digits

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
dehudgens

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 15, 2012 01:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Phone says it is connected via WiFi but I have also always connected by USB (at the same time its says it is connected by WiFi). Maybe that's the problem but I seem to recall having a problem getting ti to sync using just WiFi.

Client version is 1.0.21. I will update and follow your "Download entire" suggestion.

+ sign: It's hit and miss. As a background, we sync from PCLaw to Outlook and then, of course, Outlook syncs to MyPhoneExplorer. None of the entries in PCLaw have a + sign in front of them. Many contacts in Outlook have a + sign followed by the number. An example is "+ 251 (476) 5***" (note the misplaced parentheses). In MyPhoneExplorer, that same number is stored as "+251 476-5***". I would say that I don't know whether the problem started with the PCLaw to Outlook synch or the Outlook to MyPhoneExplorer (and then synched back to Outlook with teh + sign) but another example is stored as (254) 217-1*** in Outlook but +254 217-1*** in MyPhoneExplorer which indicates to me that it is in the Outlook to MyPhoneExplorer synch.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 15, 2012 01:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The thing with the + was a known bug of 1.8.2, please update to 1.8.4

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.