FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE removes focus from the app I'm using when BT is off Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DrLaunch
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 22, 2007 16:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First of all, I'd like to thank you for a great program.

And I though I'd notify you about something I think is a bug.

When MPE is running and I've turned bluetooth off on my phone, MPE tries to reconnect to the phone on a regular basis. But every time MPE tries to reconnect, the application I'm using lose focus and I have to click it to use it again.
I'm actually annoyed by it right now because I'm writing this message and I have to click to get back focus every now and then.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 22, 2007 18:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll take a look at it
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
DrLaunch
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 23, 2007 10:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The problem might also be related to my Bluetooth stack. I have a Bluetooth stack from Toshiba.
c0deine
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 01, 2008 19:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ

As always, thanks a million for a brilliant piece of software. You're a legend.

I've been trying to diagnose this problem for ages and finally discovered that it seems to be MPE... it's been driving me insane!

On my laptop running WinXP I normally use MPE to connect with my phone and sync with Outlook etc. Then at the end of the day I hibernate my laptop and go home. When I get home I turn it back on - but my phone isn't always nearby, so MPE cannot connect anymore - although when I right click on the icon I have the option to Disconnect not Connect, so I guess it doesn't know it's lost connection?

Anyway, every few seconds whatever app is in the foreground loses its focus - and at exactly the same time I see the MPE icon spin round. I am positive that it must be either MPE (or I guess maybe the Bluetooth stack) that is doing it since when I get my phone in range and force a reconnect the problem goes away.

The issue has been happening on the last few releases of MPE for me. I am also using the Toshiba bluetooth stack.

Can anything be done?

c0deine
theraid

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 13, 2008 08:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

note: for my case, MPE just hangs after a while. i'm not sure how long. but i left MPE software on and when i'm back it's just hangs. this happens every time. i guess it have something to do with the bluetooth. i'm on windows vista. attempt to end task with windows task manager fails. the process just stays there.

i'm using comodo firewall, nod32 antivirus. windows vista 32bit.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Khosrow

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 13, 2008 09:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

As a matter of fact, Windoews has problem for keeping alive the active ports and COMs at the time of Hibernate or sleep and standby. It is advised to close these ports before standby the PC.
I personally disconnect the MPE, then disconnect the m-router of PC Suite, then quit the m-router.

Zitat:
Anyway, every few seconds whatever app is in the foreground loses its focus - and at exactly the same time I see the MPE icon spin round.

For this issue, open the option in MPE and disable the "Auto reconnect/disconnect"
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 13, 2008 15:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
As a matter of fact, Windoews has problem for keeping alive the active ports and COMs at the time of Hibernate or sleep and standby.

MPE detects if the PC goes in Hibernate and it closes the COM-Port BEFORE. I implemented this since v1.5 i think.

And i tested the standby-story with Windows-Stack and also Toshiba. I had no problems so its hard to find the problem.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
proturbo
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 06, 2009 15:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm also having this problem, and I am pretty shure it's related to MyPhoneExplorer. I quit the application and the focus problem went away. Hope to see a fix for this.

Best way to test it is to start typing in an application and suddenly you will loose focus when typing.

Great program, BTW Smile
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.