FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Eddie Plum_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think it's more than enough that you take the time to make a Wine-compatible version at all!

Thanks for your response.

Ed.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'd like to say thanks as well - I haven't found anything as easy to use as MPE for my K750, and I'm more likely to stay with SonyEricsson because of it. My virtualized instance of Windows crashed when I tried to synchronize my phone's calendar with GCalendar, but the Wine version is very steady so far.
Eddie Plum_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well, I thought I'd give this a go...

I'm running wine v 0.9.46 on Ubuntu 7.10. I got as far as installing the vb6 runtime patch. I run the command and get prompted with a licence agreement, which I accept. Then it asks where I want the files extracted. Once extracted, I run the .exe it spits out and get the following:

Code:
fixme:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW notification 262144 params 33f9ac,0
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\OLEAUT32.DLL" -> L"c:\\windows\\system32\\OLEAUT32.DLL"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\OLEPRO32.DLL" -> L"c:\\windows\\system32\\OLEPRO32.DLL"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\STDOLE2.TLB" -> L"c:\\windows\\system32\\STDOLE2.TLB"
fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub

I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle, but any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ed.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My K550im can not be identified ... and i'm in stable mode.
dottore_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

same problem here with w200i, I see it's plugged in with
ls -l /dev/ttyAC*
(it's red when unplugged, black when plugged in)
I've manually set it to COM1, 115200, stable connection

still, when I press F1, ti writes:

"COM1 could not be opened
Acces denied"

anyone knows how to fix it?
dottore_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

ok I figured it out, it wasn't so hard, but maybe you could add it to your guide for newbies like me ;] I had to set permissions for nonroot user on /dev/tty0 (just to be sure I set them also on /dev/ttyACM0)

It's working now! thanks a lot!
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

Start MPE in a console... what error does it show?
floD_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 14:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi there!

First of all: thanks a lot for this great tutorial! I just switched from winXP to Ubuntu 7.10 and did not want to miss MPE (syncing my phone and writing SMS without breaking my thumbs )

I first tried to do it using VirtualBox (seamles mode is incredible!), but I did not manage to connect my k610i via USB ("phone could not be identified"). --> last chance: wine...

So here are some hints of what I had trouble with (maybe helpful for others):
- the command $ regsvr32 *.dll actually does NOT work. It only regs the first DLL found in the working directory. You have to go in the MPE-directory and the DLL-subdirectory and reg those files manually. Important: the OCX-files have to be registered the same way. Otherwise you get ugly Runtime Errors and MPE won't start... (I think it is what allotment did with a loop)
- As mentioned in this forum, the kWab.dll does not have to be registered. (Good for those who read this before trying, I didn't ) Trying to register it my gdm crashed and I lost my session... (maybe it has to do with the graphics driver, mine is a closed nvidia driver)

After linking the COM1-port, as allotment described, MPE finally started (wow!)

First impression and writing a test-SMS (writing SMS is the most important feature to me) seems to be positive!

It took some time and now it finally works.
I do not have any more energy to try it out for myself today, so I'm just asking:
Did anyone try to upgrade MPE 1.3.3 from the wine-edition with a newer version? @FJ: can you give a hint if it could be possible or are there any changes which make it completely impossible? Would be great, if I can save some hours

Thanks!

flo
FJ_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In the first post you'll find a link to a wine-version: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_wine.zip
This is v1.6.1. You cannot use the common MyPhoneExplorer cause it seems to be impossible to register or use the file SPort.dll which is used from the common MPE for the communication.
Eddie Plum_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

floD, I too am using Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) but I cannot get the VB6 runtimes to install. Can you tell me if you had any problems with this and how you got around it?

I tried VirtualBox as well. It seems to have problems with USB on any platform (I have a virtual Gutsy box on my work windows machine).

Ed.
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
floD, I too am using Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) but I cannot get the VB6 runtimes to install.

What's the problem with it? Which Download-Link did you use? Which command? Any Errors?
Eddie Plum_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

weinbi, please see my earlier post for error text

I could not download from the MS site for some reason - it just times out after a couple of minutes. I have tried various download locations found by Googling. I have tried different versions of the runtimes installer. I have even tried manually downloading and registering all the files!

I have deleted ~/.wine for now, so there's a clean slate for trying again.

Ed.
floD_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks FJ for that link, this is the location, I downloaded my version from.
Will this version be updated sometimes or is it for some reason (the DLLs?) the last version ever, that could be built for wine?

@Eddie Plum: I had some trouble installing the VB runtime, but I read about extracting the files and putting them in the system32-folder manually... If I remember correctly it was by putting the parameter /D on the install package of the VB6 runtime. I am not on my Ubuntu system right now, so if it does not work, let me know and I will look up the exact way step-by-step.

Flo
FJ_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Everytime i make a wine-version i have to rewrite the code on many locations. There will be updates but not in the same frequency as for the original MyPhoneExplorer.
floD_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

I see... Thanks a lot for doing that work for Linux users!

Sorry, if I'm getting a little offtopic
When you have to do the same rewritings everytime it could be helpfull to use diff-tools or versioning systems like SVN... This can help you managing different versions of the program and applying updates to different branches.

Of course, it's only a tip! The engineering is yours

Flo
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.