FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync w/Google calendar = error message FIXED (more inside) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
jhebert

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 10, 2008 03:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just purchased an SE w300i (FW R4EA031), KensingtonMicroUSB Bluetooth adaptor, and am running WinXP SP2. I've installed the Toshiba stack from Kensington, and I am able to explore my phone, edit and add contacts, export them, and backup files with MPE 1.6.6. It works! This is so-o-o cool!

However, when I enter my Google account information and try to "list" the calendars there, after a moment I get the following error message:

Folder structure from Google could not be listed!
999 HttpSendREquest failed; Systemerror: 12029 []

If I skip this step, instead just enter my login data, and then click the OK button, after a moment I get this error message:

Connection to Google failed!
999 HttpSendREquest failed; Systemerror: 12029 []

I did verify the correct login/pass, so I know that is not the cause. Is there anything else I should try? Or is there more information you need from me?

Thanks for your help.

James

P.S. My wife and I each have a separate Google account, and keep our own calendars. However, they are shared with one another. Will MPE be able to sync both calendars to my phone? If no, then may I request this feature? It would be terrific to be able to see both our calendars from the phone. Life is getting terribly busy!

Attempted fixes...

I searched on Error 12029 and Google, and found this link with a note about GMail and port mapping: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12476. However, when I forwarded the two ports it refers to, it made no difference and the error remained. I thought I would report this, in case it helped.

2. I searched on the error number and google calendar and found this, but I am not certain what to change and where, though I tried a few things and it made no difference. What do you think? Could it be related to IE settings, and localhost? http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1146209817

Zuletzt bearbeitet von jhebert am Di Apr 15, 2008 05:58, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Cor

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 11, 2008 00:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
P.S. My wife and I each have a separate Google account, and keep our own calendars. However, they are shared with one another. Will MPE be able to sync both calendars to my phone? If no, then may I request this feature? It would be terrific to be able to see both our calendars from the phone. Life is getting terribly busy!

Then you need to seed the option that you have all rights for both calendars, not only viewing, but also edditing.

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 11, 2008 16:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its not an error from Google, its a system-error. Description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193625/en-us

I think it depends on your firewall-settings
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
jhebert

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 15, 2008 06:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for pointing out where I needed to look for solutions. To tell you the truth, although I "poked around" in many dialogs, the final solution appeared to be simply rebooting my firewall/router. Sometimes after that, when I connected via Bluetooth, the full sync worked!

I have noticed this several times with networking/internet issues, when it appears that "everything is correct," that the final step requires a full power down and restart of the equipment involved (not just one piece).

I have seen other cases where cycling the power on an Ethernet hub, a router, and DSL and cable modems, can "suddenly" make internet/network connections work as they should. For me, this is now a "required troubleshooting step" after making any changes that affect networked communications equipment.

In any case, it works perfectly now. I am very excited about the capabilities I find in MPE, and have only just begun to explore what it can do. It is very, very cool. This is a hidden treasure.

James
jhebert

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 06, 2008 03:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just a later follow up...

The Google page I referred to moved, so I wanted to include the information from the first solution I tried in case it aided anyone else.

James

Error 12029

To be sure the Notifier can alert you when new mail arrives, please check your internet connection. If you're connected, and still getting an error message, here's what you can do to fix it:

1. Open Internet Explorer, and log in to mail.google.com.
2. Right-click the Notifier icon in your system tray, and select Check Mail Now.

If you still receive this error message after following the above steps, your firewall or proxy setting might be interfering with the Notifier. Please verify that ports 80 and 443 are open, and that the Notifier is not blocked from accessing the internet in your firewall's settings.
Charles
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 23, 2009 23:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have the same problem as jherbert but i get a different error code:
"999 httpsendrequest failed: systemerror: 12002 " (also when i try to to "list" the calendars). This problem occurred after i installed my new router (linksys WRT110). What could be the problem?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 23, 2009 23:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This error means "ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT", so the request could not be sent to Google. Please check in your Routersettings if the firewall blocks MyPhoneExplorer (normally every router has something like a eventlog where you can see what was blocked and when)
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 24, 2009 19:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Problem solved! Thanks alot!!
GregValais

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 08, 2009 18:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I also get a problem with the synchronization with gmail contact and Calendar.

I get for both the same error. The message is:
999 HttpSendRequest failed; Systemerror: 2 [The system cannot find the file specified.]

I tried to restart my router, desactivate my firewall (Zonealarm), but it doesn't solve my problem.

As one of you any idea?

Thanks forward!
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 08, 2009 19:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It must have to do with your internet-environment. Do you have any proxy between your PC and the www ? Can you browse with the Internet-Explorer (cause MPE uses the same library)
GregValais

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 08, 2009 19:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That was exactly my problem.

firefox was working well, but when I started IE, I get the question if I wanted to get connected.

Thanks a lot for your precious help!

Greg

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It must have to do with your internet-environment. Do you have any proxy between your PC and the www ? Can you browse with the Internet-Explorer (cause MPE uses the same library)
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.