FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendar sync problem Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
zynex

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 10, 2009 16:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi.

I have just noticed some problem with the calendar synchronisation. After a long talk with SE support I tested to sync my calendar with SE Suite instead, and it worked like a charm.

The problem seems to be when using recurring events that goes thru daylight saving time. If I create a event in Outlook that recur every week all seems ok, until the daylight saving time kicks in. Then the event is -1h (summer to winter) from the original time. Also if I delete one date from the recurring event in Outlook the event on that date still shows up in the phone.

This problem doesn't exist in SE Suite.

Bug? Or are there ant solutions to this?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 10, 2009 17:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

which version do you use ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 12, 2009 16:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I might have the same problem, although I'm syncing with Google Calendar. I'm using MPE v 1.7.4, and have a SE C510.

The problem started after I updated my phone's software. Earlier under "Settings" on the phone, you had the option to choose if the time you'd set was daylight savings time or not. Then, twice a year, you could use this option, instead of adjusting the clock the normal way. I didn't use this option, since I once experienced that when changing the option it also moved my event one hour off. I adjusted the clock the normal way, and this did not cause sync-problems.

After the software-update, the option has been replaced with an automatic function. You set the clock and timezone, and the rest is automatic.

A recurring event is viewed correctly until it passes the date for daylight savings time. Every event is then moved one hour forward. When daylight savings time ends, the event is viewed correctly again.

Note: The event is correct throughout the year in both Google Calendar and MPE, but for me it's the phone's calendar that shows the wrong time. I'm not sure, but I would guess that the event's time will correct itself when the phone adjust itself automatically.

It's quite annoying, but is this a problem with the phone's software, or could it be a solution for it when syncing with MPE?

The easiest workaround would probably be to set the phone's timezone to a location without daylight savings time, though...

Regarding the deletion of one instance of recurring events, I can confirm that this also happens for me. Sometimes I want to delete instances that has already passed. The deletion of the first instance of the recurring event will not work when syncing in MPE. A workaround for me is to edit the start-date of the event. This works as it should, but of course this will not work if you delete an instance in the middle of the recurrence.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 12, 2009 18:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
After the software-update, the option has been replaced with an automatic function. You set the clock and timezone, and the rest is automatic.

I did not know that SE does such big changes in Firmware-Upgrades. The newer phones does all have automatic daylight-setting and i was able to change the sync-behavior in MPE so that it works.

Please tell me which Sync-Protocol is recommened for your pohne and which is used. You can find tis information in Menu-File-Settings-Sync
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 12, 2009 20:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

SyncML is both recommended and used...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 12, 2009 23:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, open your profilefolder (%appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer\<Model and IMEI>). There is a file called settings.dat - open it with notepad and search for the line which begins with "FullTZSupport=". Then post the whole line here.
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 00:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FullTZSupport=1

I should probably mention that I'm running MPE under wine in Ubuntu, but I read in another post you wrote that MPE didn't use timezone information from the OS. But maybe that's not the case with my phone...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 00:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For your phone MPE does use the system-timezone of the PC for converting a time to UTZ. But i don't think that this is the problem here. Anyway - do you have the possibility to test it on Windows ?
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 00:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I can try tomorrow, but should I copy the profile-folder (phonename [imei]), or setup MPE from the beginning in Windows?

Are any further steps necessary to troubleshoot?
1: Sync phone and Google before trying in Windows
2: Add a recurring event (i.e. monthly) in Google
3: Sync
4: See if the problem persists on the phone
5: Report back, together with the line "FullTZSupport="...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 01:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In my opinion the issue is created between MyPhoneExplorer and the phone (don't sync with Google for the test) and i think it should also appear without transfering the data.

- connect the phone to your installed MyPhoneExplorer in windows
- MPE will download the organizer automatically cause its a "new phone"
- add a ruled event in the interface of MyPhoneExplorer
- sync with the phone and check if its still the same problem on the phone
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 15:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The problem is still there in Windows...

I created a recurring event in MPE from 10:00 to 11:00 on the 22nd of every month. When I looked through MPE, the event showed correctly even during the DST-period. On my phone the event showed correctly before and after DST-period. But during DST the event showed up as an event from 11:00 to 12:00.

settings.dat contains the following line:
FullTZSupport=1

The more I think about it, it seems like a calculation-bug in the phone... The time during DST is actually correct, relative to the timezone (GMT+1) the phone currently is in, but it is still not an expected behavior. For instance, if you check your agenda the day before DST starts, you will see that you start at work on monday at 9:00 instead of 8:00. When you check your agenda on monday morning after DST has started, the time will probably be correct again and show 8:00.
I'm not sure about this, but it could be a logical explanation...
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 15:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

A correction to my earlier "logical explanation":

I created a recurring event from 10:00 to 11:00 on the 21st on every month on the phone (not involving either MPE or Google). The created event shows correctly even during the DST-period.
Because of this, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug in the phone anymore.

Please let me know if there's something I can do to help troubleshoot.

Another problem I noticed now, which might be related is an all day event on December 31st:
I have New Years Eve as a recurring all day event in Google.
After sync with MPE, the event shows up correctly in the phone as an all day event.
But the event still shows up sometimes in the sync confirmation dialog (only if there are other entries to sync!!).
The reason MPE wants to sync it again is probably this (from the confirmation dialog):
Entry in phone: 12/31/2009, 00:00 - 1/1/2010, 00:59
Entry in Google: 12/31/2009

MPE suggests to use the entry from the phone.

I choose "use entry from Google", and I get no errors. Everything is fine until something has changed, and then the event shows up again with the same conflict/changes...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 13, 2009 23:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

One problem after the other...

Do you have the possibility to test it with the PC-Suite (cause zynex wrote that it works with the PC-Suite)
T0mmy

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 14, 2009 16:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have now tested with SE's PC Suite (PCS):

- I created a recurring event in PCS which started at 10:00
- It automatically synced with my phone
- The event in the phone were correct even during DST
- I exited PCS and opened MPE
- I synced, and the event showed up in MPE, still correct during DST
- I edited the name of the event in MPE and synced again
- The phone now shows 11:00 during DST

I've also tried using IrMC-sync instead of SyncML, but it makes no difference.

A little note regarding the event on December 31st:
When I tested with IrMC-sync the event always showed up. Every time I forced Google->Phone, but it still showed up. When I switched back to SyncML, The event showed up once, and after that I haven't seen it during sync. The event is correct both in Google and on the phone. I will let you know if the problem re-appears...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 15, 2009 16:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, there must be a diffrence how the PC-Suite and MPE writes the data to the phone. To find the diffrence you have to use PortMon to spy out the communication between the PC-Suite and the Phone. Would you say that you are a advanced PC-User ?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.