FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Deleted & Duplicated Contacts Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
robsmarg

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 06, 2011 02:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ,

Thanks for your response, although it was not the one I was looking for.

I think I am going to have to go through all 2,000+ contacts and review the notes in each one to ensure that I have the most recent notes in each record.

This is going to be a long, tedious process. One that I was hoping I would not have to tackle.

Rob
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 06, 2011 02:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I knwo its really a alot of work but how should a application decide which note is the right one ?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
robsmarg

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 06, 2011 02:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't know the technical aspects of how that would work. All I know is that MPE was reliable for 6 months and then I woke up one morning and all my contacts on my phone were gone and when I went to sync that is when the dupes occurred and then it has been a disaster since then.

It's too bad because I really thought MPE was working out real well for me until this happened. Now I have countless hours ahead of me trying to clean this up.

Man, this sucks!
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 06, 2011 02:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am very sorry

jesgrid

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 06, 2011 11:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hi Smile

Each time during synchronization, your contacts are duplicating and as you have lost notes from Outlook too, i think you can use repair Outlook software, which will not only repair corrupted Outlook but also recover the lost notes. All the contacts can also be retrieved from Outlook.

I have tried Remo Recover software when i have deleted few important notes and contacts accidentally and it worked perfectly okay. You can download the free demo version and give it a try.
aedmunde

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 07, 2011 00:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

robsmarg hat Folgendes geschrieben:
FJ,

Thanks for your response, although it was not the one I was looking for.

I think I am going to have to go through all 2,000+ contacts and review the notes in each one to ensure that I have the most recent notes in each record.

This is going to be a long, tedious process. One that I was hoping I would not have to tackle.

Rob

Rob: look for a outlook duplicate remover, slipstick.com lists some, and they are just about the most cost-effective way of doing this. Google "slipstick.com duplicate delete"

Especially if you're looking at 2000 contacts.
-e

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 07, 2011 21:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Drat. Just re-sync'd with the new beta, and as of right now... it's twigging on lots of contacts ... 47 of 1130 as needing change (add/delete/modification).
Some are legit, most are not.
1. Since the entries "Add-to-Outlook" already exist in Outlook, I can only surmise that it cannot tell that they are the same (even though they were downloaded FROM outlook).
2. Entries at random are marked for deletion in phone (can't find? in outlook), even though they appear when I search for them.

Hmm...

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 07, 2012 04:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After many hours of cleaning up my contacts database, resetting MPE and re-syncing from scratch it appears as if I am back on track.

Some of the additional features like the ability to send texts from my laptop and the phone keypad really prompted me to get this back on track rather than abandoning MPE and going with another solution which would not have been as feature rich.

FJ, keeping my fingers crossed that I am in the clear now and will be able to move forward with MPE.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 11, 2012 23:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@aedmunde: Sometimes i add new fields in the betas so its possible that the contacts are really stated as different. If you get this problem on every sync then we have to go deeper

@robsmarg: Glad to have you back - even if we had no perfect solution for your problem. For future: Please create a Backup in Outlook from time to time so you can draw back if needed

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.