FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 YOU INSTALLED JUNK AND SPYWARE Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 06, 2012 15:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have used MyPhoneExplorer for a long time and recommended it to many people

I just built a new PC and installed it again and you have put junk software on my machine

I DECLINED Incredibar yet it is still set in Firefox as default search, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

You also install Registry software WHICH YOU NEVER WARNED ABOUT

Your program is now a virus, infecting my PC with something I do not want, do not ask for and specifically decline.

Your reputation is now ruined
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 06, 2012 16:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, this is great

I'm now staring at the new machine stuck for 30 minutes trying to do a system restore to clear your spyware/junkware off my system fully

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a lot of time to get rid of this crap you installed

Very angry and disappointed!
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 06, 2012 17:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Over 2 hours now trying to restore my machine after you infected it!
streaker_67

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 06, 2012 19:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you dont like the software a simple uninstall from add remove programs works wonders. I have been using this software for over 2 years now, including current betas! Everything works great so stop trashing this wonderful piece of software, if oyu dont like it simply UNINSTALL!
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 07, 2012 12:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Add/Remove programs does NOT change the fact that my firefox settings were changed despite declining incredibar. It also does NOT change the fact that registry cleaner software was installed without even asking.

How can I know what else has been changed?

The software used to be great, as I said, but installing other questionable software and changing settings is NOT ACCEPTABLE

Nothing to do with uninstalling
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 07, 2012 12:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15961&highlight=incredibar
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 08, 2012 12:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Over 2 hours now trying to restore my machine after you infected it!
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 10, 2012 20:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Slow down...

The thread you linked does handle about a small test period which i tried with a new advertiser. I canceled this test and i am still using my regular promotion partner again.

I have tried the promotion many times. Click on "Decline" does not install anything. Maybe you did not notice the promotion as additional software and so you clicked on Accept - but thats your fault, not mine.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
InstallMonetizer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 11, 2012 01:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

This is Jay from InstallMonetizer.

I just want to follow up on what FJ has mentioned earlier.

We do not install ANY software without the end user's permission.

Hence, if you have clicked Decline - that software should not and will not be installed in any way or form onto your pc.

In the case of Incredibar - our tech staff is already looking into the issue to see if there was an error on our part - if there was we will fix it asap.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
gibfear

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 12, 2012 17:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi

OK I'm calmer now

I can assure you I did click decline on Incredibar but it still set 3 firefox registry entries including default page and default search, but did not install the app. I did not see any reference to the registry scanner software and only noticed that when it appeared in my quick links toolbar.

I uninstalled the registry software and only then noticed the changes to firefox, at this point I decided to clean the system incase anything else had been installed

The restore point before MPE failed so I had to go back the point before that and lost Adobe CS5 and some other apps, which then would not cleanly reinstall. I had to restore again, fully install CS5 (with errors due to legacy files not cleaned up during system restore), uninstall and then reinstall again. OK thats not your fault directly, its an issue with the failed system restore, but with no trust in your installer I felt it 'should' have been the fast way to clean things up.
gfh

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 20, 2012 21:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Did the same to my machine. Declined everything yet your Registry Cleaner was still installed.

matters not that I can uninstall it. Matters that i said No/Decline and it still installed.

FYI
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 20, 2012 23:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@gibfear: If there are issues with the current partner InstallMonetizer then we will be able to locate and fix them.

@all: If possible please check the filesize of the setup. If the file was about 250KB then it has nothing to do with InstallMonetizer, in this case you downloaded the file in a testperiod with another partner. If the file has over 4MB then the problems are related to InstallMonetizer

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
sikeryali

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 25, 2012 12:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

gibfear hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi

OK I'm calmer now

I can assure you I did click decline on Incredibar but it still set 3 firefox registry entries including default page and default search, but did not install the app. I did not see any reference to the registry scanner software and only noticed that when it appeared in my quick links toolbar.

I uninstalled the registry software and only then noticed the changes to firefox, at this point I decided to clean the system incase anything else had been installed

The restore point before MPE failed so I had to go back the point before that and lost Adobe CS5 and some other apps, which then would not cleanly reinstall. I had to restore again, fully install CS5 (with errors due to legacy files not cleaned up during system restore), uninstall and then reinstall again. OK thats not your fault directly, its an issue with the failed system restore, but with no trust in your installer I felt it 'should' have been the fast way to clean things up.

are you using any good antivirus program on you PC? If not, it's a serious issue. I have been using MyPhonExplorer for quite long time now, but never had such problem as you have mentioned. Some times my AV program displays a notification of 'catching & cleaning' some potentially bad thing. But any embedded advertising add-on won't install until you 'accept' it. So my sincere advice for you is, "Install a good AV program along with a good anti-spyware. Uninstall MyPhonExplorer, scan your PC particularly C:\ drive. After it finishes scanning & cleaning, install MyPhonExplorer again. I hope it will work.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.