FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Lotus Notes <-> MPE custom repetitive agenda entries i Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Louernos

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 10, 2012 11:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

First, thanks for this very good initiative to develop this software Wink
I noticed that repetitive calendar entries with customer selected dates are only sync for the first date and not the following dates.
I also notice, if you enter an anniversary/birthday entry, it books the full day in Android Calendar.

If you have time to fix it, it could be nice.

Best Regards

Image[/img]
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 21, 2012 23:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, the phones calendar provider does not support custom rules. This is not fixable

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
gramig

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 13, 2012 19:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ,

Great software! I just started trying it.

I just got a Samsung ATT Galaxy Note. I sync to Lotus Notes. Old recurring appointments in Lotus Notes Calendar do not sync. If I make new recurring appointments, they sync but only the first date shows up. If I edit the appointment in MPE or on the phone, the appointment shows recurring but they don't show up. Is this a bug or a problem with Android calendar?
gramig

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 13, 2012 20:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

gramig hat Folgendes geschrieben:
FJ,

Great software! I just started trying it.

I just got a Samsung ATT Galaxy Note. I sync to Lotus Notes. Old recurring appointments in Lotus Notes Calendar do not sync. If I make new recurring appointments, they sync but only the first date shows up. If I edit the appointment in MPE or on the phone, the appointment shows recurring but they don't show up. Is this a bug or a problem with Android calendar?

FJ,

Never mind. I figured out that recurring appointments can only use the number of occurences or an end date. I fixed my problem. So far I am very happy with your software after 1 day of use.
Spilloljan

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 14, 2012 15:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi!
Background:
Phone: Samsung ACE
Mail: Lotus Notes 8.5
MyPhoneExplorer: 1.8.2
Sync with Lotus Notes works perfectly with one exception. When a recurring appointment entry is synced, it goes into the phone as expected, but when one of the appointment entries in the recurring entries is changed in Lotus Notes Callendar (date and or time change), the entry in MyPhoneExplorer and in the phone does not change.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 23, 2012 00:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer is not able to handle custom rules from Lotus and he can also not handle rule exceptions from Lotus. The custom rules problem is related to the phones calendar sheme and the second one is related to the complex format how Lotus does store rule exceptions. A fix of this issues is NOT possible

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 21, 2012 00:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Spilloljan: I tried to implement support of rule exceptions now. Please test the current beta

Spilloljan

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 24, 2012 10:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry about the delay but I will test it now.
I'll be back....
lefrandc

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 07, 2012 14:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, i'm re-opening this subject.
Testing the Beta for a reccuring occurance. Just one appears in the phone ???
Thanks for ideas
Spilloljan

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 07, 2012 14:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have now tested the beta and it does not work specially well.
When I did a sync, the sync said that there were 88 entries that will "create new entry in phone" (with entry: No indication - 00:00) but the entries doesn't exist in Lotus Notes.
Also there were similar number of entries that will "create new entry in Lotus Notes" (with entry: Today, 13:57-14:27), these entries does not exist in the phone.
I found that the entry the sync wants to create in Lotus Notes is exactly the minute when the sync is started, which means that the time marker in the calendar in the phone creates a 0,5 hour calendar entry in Lotus Notes.
This is obviously a "bug" and I will back the sync version (remove the beta) to get rid of these hundreds of entries that are no entries.
lefrandc

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 07, 2012 14:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
i've got exactly the same things.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 20, 2012 22:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@lefrandc: MyPhoneExplorer will NOT support custom rules, also not in future. In the beta i did implement the handling of rule exceptions

@both: Please try again the beta, i hope its fixed now

Spilloljan

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jun 01, 2012 13:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So far it looks OK, I cannot directly see any "oddities".
Seems OK for now, I'll keep on checking and testing....
gautxori

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 02, 2016 22:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

as long as the "custom rules" chance seems impossible, would you be so kind to add a configuration option, so that MPE, by default, DOES NOT sync repetitive / periodic tasks?

this bug is more than annoying: when syncing (4ex, Outlook 2003) to MPE, after EDITING a repetitive task, MPE sync confirmation dialog choices are:
- the default one, syncing from MPE to the phone. Which would mean to revert all changes done in Outlook, which obviously is not what i mean. Note that this is the default behavior, so i would LOSE all changes made!!!
- syncing (from Outlook) to MPE. This EDITS appointments in MPE & phone, so that when syncing once more, MPE asks to UPDATE Outlook appointments.

As a consequence of these updates, ALL MODIFIED APPOINTMENTS MIGHT GET CORRUPTED: appt end date is not updated to the phone, and depending on modifications made, it's possible that start date is set after end date!!!

BTW, i include a proposal for an improvement in MPE sync confirmation dialog, marked in yellow: i find quite useful the chance of filtering the confirmation list, so to display the items to be synced in one direction or the other.
http://pasteboard.co/39l2dzpD.jpg

(sorry for my bad english)
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.