FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE Notes GONE!!! Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
lucid

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 19, 2012 18:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Phone is HTC Desire HD with latest stock android gingerbread 2.35 sense 3.0 and MPE 1.82. All I have been doing is creating notes in MPE notes and then backing up and syncing in MPE (no outlook involved or editing notes or creating on PC only on phone) using USB connection.

I have been using MPE notes since using the software when this was introduced. Now I just go to the phone to check something and all my notes are gone! I had just gone to sync them so thought well then they would still be on the other PC that hasn't been connected in a while and they aren't there either. Both these have versions 1.82. Was there something in the update or more likely in the update of the client that would have wiped the notes from the phone?

Or if the client was uninstalled then reinstalled then a sync done? Would removing the client from the phone remove the MPE notes from the phone also? My thinking is that if this were so when i reinstalled the client and synced it wiped the notes from the PC program also.

My only hope is that I have an older PC that had some notes on that hasn't been synced in a while since before updating the client.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von lucid am Sa Mai 19, 2012 22:58, insgesamt 5-mal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
lucid

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 19, 2012 19:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

not on old pc unfortunately, but the .mpb back up files can be opened in notepad or wordpad I've found.

But what i really need to know is where in the installation are the notes stored on vista 32bit installation.

The reason being i have a hard drive from my vista laptop with the MPE installation on that should have the notes on it. The laptop itself has been returned and exchanged with a newer model so i can't run the hdd on newer laptop so need to find where in the installation the notes are stored to see if i can view them.

Any help gratefully accepted Wink

EDIT
I'm still looking but must be somewhere in:
C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer

No joy finding the notes i wanted. Sad i did find within a backup file some but not the one i wanted.
I did see there was a notes update from 2.50 to 2.60 maybe that wiped them or was the new version unable to read the old data???
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 20, 2012 22:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The notes database is in the private appspace of the application, so if you uninstall MyPhoneExplorer Client then they are deleted. I do not want to save them on the storage card cause if the storage is mounted in Windows (and the most users do this by using USB connection) then the phone and also MyPhoneExplorer has no access to the data. As result it would be not possible to sync them

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
lucid

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 21, 2012 03:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ah i see thanks for the reply. would just have updating the client itself without an uninstall/reinstall remove the notes database from the private apps area?

So if there is another update in the future i can be sure to backup beforehand.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 11, 2012 00:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In case of an update the data will be not lost, only when you uninstall the client

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.