FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 How can I reverse "Deleted passed events"? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 21, 2012 05:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm new to MPE, so I clicked on a few old events and then clicked "Delete passed events," thinking that the program would then delete old occurrences of those particular events I had clicked on. I then clicked on Synchronize, but I noticed in the Sync process listing of the events it was deleting that lots of other passed events that I want to keep were being deleted as well. I couldn't find another way to get the sync to stop, so I disconnected the USB to force it to stop. My questions:

A) Have those passed items that were apparently deleted before I broke the USB connection in fact gone now, or did my stopping the deletion leave all the passed events as they were before the Sync started?

B) If all the passed events are still there, is there any way to take all the "Delete" (X) marks off all the hundreds of passed events now so that they will NOT be deleted if I Sync again?

C) If I cannot remove the Delete marks from all those hundreds of passed events, or if some of my wanted passed events may have been deleted already, what would be the correct procedure for starting all over again and reloading my original iCal file that contained all my Calendar events that I just transferred from my old Palm TX? I've only just started using MPE, so if I have to reload my Calendar from my old iCal file, it won't be a great tragedy. However, I don't want to make a mistake and end up making things worse, so if there's a correct procedure to make a reloading go smoothly, I'd appreciate knowing how to do that (if it's necessary).

I'll put this suggestion in a separate posting in your Feature Request section, but it would be helpful (assuming it doesn't already exist and I've missed it), to enable the user to click on a particular event, then delete all passed occurrences of that event only, which is what I was trying to do, and what I thought I was doing when I clicked on those events and then selected "Delete passed events." This would allow users to have much smaller Calendar files by deleting only unwanted passed events, but keeping those passed events they need.

Many thanks to anybody who can help me with this, as I now cannot synchronize again until I get this corrected.

Cheers,
Al
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 27, 2012 21:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

A) the items which were deleted before interrupt are gone (except you did enable the sync log functionality in the settings

B) Press the second button in the toolbar ("Download entire") to load the fresh content from phone and to reset all flags

A ruled event is a single data item, there is no need to modify this (MyPhoneExplorer will also not delete them if you select "Delete passed events")

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
blue7floyd

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 23, 2012 11:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

These queries have some simple fixes. As the site administrator ‘FJ’ posted above, you can press the second button in the toolbar and it automatically loads the fresh content from phone. It then helps reset all flags. I had this same doubt and it cleared mine. Try it! Hope this helps!

microsofthelpphonenumber.com
iclick

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 12, 2014 16:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It would be good to have an "Undelete Passed Events" option after selecting "Delete Passed Events." That would likely eliminate any confusion.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.