FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 ACHTUNG! CAUTION! Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 05, 2012 12:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In another forum I had posted that I was very happy with MPE, but somebody has just now posted this warning:
=====
CAUTION - As of today (7/5/12) downloading and installing the MPE application on my computer per the above activated Symantec (Norton) Security which promptly deleted the files indicating that they are a Trojan known as Cloud2 which is rated as very dangerous. It appears that the installer portion of the package is the problem.

I know nothing further at this time, but wanted to post this warning as soon as the incident happened.
=====
The original thread is at the following link, with the warning post at the bottom:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/147128-Looking-for-PC-Calendar-program-that-syncs-with-Android-phone-Calendar-app?p=859725#post859725

Please look into this immediately and post back to this thread to confirm whether or not this is true, and if so, what is being done to correct it and make the download safe again.

Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von healinghands33 am Do Jul 05, 2012 22:31, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
southcot

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 05, 2012 12:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm wondering if this post is for real?

MPE: v1.8.8
Windows 10 Pro SP1 64bit
Galaxy S5:-
Android 6.0.1
MPE Android 1.0.46
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 05, 2012 22:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Following my original post shown above, other contributors on the WindowsSecrets forum (see link in my original post, above) have said that it may not be a genuine threat at all, that indeed the problem may be that Symantec is just giving a false positive reading about a threat that isn't there. I checked my 20Jun2012 downloaded copy of MPE with VirusTotal and found no Trojan, although one security program out of 42 found that it contained Win32/OpenCandy; the other 41 programs found it clean. The results are on the thread linked in my original post here.

So far I have had no problems with any viruses, Trojans, or any other malware since installing MPE, but it is important that this information be considered by each user or potential user. I've found MPE to be a great program so far, so I hope that all of this is just a false alarm due to Symantec being wrong (which I can easily believe), but please do your own due diligence.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 07, 2012 23:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Norton is already informed about this false positive. Maybe as a side information: The setup was untouched 2 month now, this alert shown the first time on 4th July at all.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.