FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Can't synchronise device contacts? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
PadFoneUser

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 21, 2012 02:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi
I have an Asus PadFone, running (ICS) Android 4.0.3
Installed the latest (non-beta) MPExplorer on both desktop (Win XPSP3) and client, on 1st sync was able to sync contacts between phone and both MPE and Outlook.
However, every subsequent sync MPE copied the Outlook contacts into the device again - ie getting multiple entries for the same contact.

Subsequently changed contact sync to "only My Phone Explorer" - and hard-reset phone so back to a fresh state, imported .vcf's into MPE, sync'd: all OK the first time -subsequent times, got exactly the same result: multiple contacts.

Deleted multiple contacts on phone (ie just 1 of ea contact existed), uninstalled (inc all app data on desktop) and reinstalled MPE: MPE Desktop sees no contacts on phone.

Hard reset phone again, installed beta MPE beta on phone, uninstalled/System Restored/reinstalled on desktop, updated to latest beta as listed elswhere on this forum: same result: no contacts on phone.

It appears to me that MPE can write to the device contact list, but can't read from it so assumes the list is empty?

Have also tried manually creating a new contact on the phone to "force" a sync - MPE on the desktop still doesn't see it.

Connections have been made succesfully via both Bluetooth and Wifi, on both my my home and work machines (WinXPSP3 on both machines): in all cases, I can browse/transfer files, see and send messages-so long as I type in the phone number by hand!
Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.
Many thanks Smile
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 22, 2012 23:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its a known bug in some ICS-Devices. The phone does not accept contacts without account-assignement and so these contacts get moved into another account.

To which account are the duplicates assigned ?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PadFoneUser

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 23, 2012 03:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

They were being assigned to the (only) Gmail account: that makes sense, as disabling contact sync with that account then meant all contacts disappered.

I've tried making a new contact in MPE desktop: the "account" field is greyed out (although it shows "Phone") and in spite of appearing to sync to the phone, it doesn't update either in the device or on the gmail account.

I have also tried importing another vcf: before syncing, this does let me choose "phone" as account.
After syncing however, although MPE desktop shows it as "phone" (and gmail contacts syncing is disabled), it has actually sync'd to the gmail account.

Is there anywhere else on either the desktop or the phone that I can set contacts account-XXXXX?

Thanks once again for your help.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 30, 2012 22:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You could set the default contact account for new contacts to Google in the settings of MyPhoneExplorer Client

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.