FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 problems with v1.8.4 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 19, 2012 15:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hello
I found the following problems in my HTC Sensation
v1.8.4 + v1.0.21 apk ICS 4.0.3 rooted

1. when connected through USB cable
on the HTC MyPhoneExplorer Client says on the top "connected via USB..."
but the USB cable icon says "USB cable not plugged in! " and it is marked "X"

I can sync but it still says not plugges in.

2. Outlook 2007 recurrence meetings that has "0" time length and starts/ends on 00:00 time (such as birthday reminder) are having several issues in the HTC calendar:
a. it apprears on a day before and not on the same day of the outlook.
on the PC in MyPhoneExplorer it looks OK.
b. in several cases the subject is not seen on the HTC - it is missing while it is OK on the Outlook and on the MPE.
if you click this meeting on the HTC you get to see all its details including the missing subject.

FYI,
hope it will be fixes soon.
John
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 22, 2012 08:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

another issue I found

on calendar sync
If set to Compare only + in sync mode force outlook
the result is that MPE rewrite all entries to phone and not only the ones that were changed.

I believe that the COMPARE should rule no matter what the sync mode is and the rewrite is a bug.

and a suggestion:
why not also add COMPARE option to the contacts as well?
if you have a large contacts database, this would be useful to only sync the ones that were changes.
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 23, 2012 08:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

in recurrence meetings, MPE know how to sync Gregorian calendar meetings ONLY ;-(
if you set in outlook a recurrence according to Hebrew lunar calendar (and I guess to other as well), MPE does not know how to handle it and set WRONG dates for it
very disappointing .....

P.S. this Outlook option does not exist in MPE PC side as well !!!
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 25, 2012 07:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, I believe I can pin point the problems with MPE and the sync issues that I have found:

MPE v1.84 on Win7 x64
MPE APK v1.0.21 on HTC Sensation ICS v4.0.3 Sense v4.0, rooted

1. Jewish holiday inserted through Outlook tool (tools->options->calendar options->add holidays)
are correctly synced to MPE and seen correctly on MPE PC side, but on the android AGENDA screen it is missing the subject field which is EMPTY.
In day screen it is OK

2. Multiple events in the same date are synced correctly to MPE, but on Android agenda screen, none or only one of the multiple events has a title, the rest has empty title while on the day screen it is OK.

Both 1 and 2 show there is a bug with the Agenda title display.

3. This is the most annoying and disturbing bug.
Recurrence events made in outlook according to NON-Gregorian calendar (in my case Hebrew lunar) are synced to MPE (both PC and android)
to a WRONG date !

I hope this helps you fix it and do hope you’ll reply and add your comments to the above.
Thanks a lot. Your app is essential to many and fixing those issues will allow many to use it.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 03, 2012 23:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
1. when connected through USB cable
on the HTC MyPhoneExplorer Client says on the top "connected via USB..."
but the USB cable icon says "USB cable not plugged in! " and it is marked "X"

This should not matter, its only for display. Maybe you get a wrong info cause your phone is rooted.

Zitat:
2. Outlook 2007 recurrence meetings that has "0" time length and starts/ends on 00:00 time (such as birthday reminder) are having several issues in the HTC calendar:
a. it apprears on a day before and not on the same day of the outlook.
on the PC in MyPhoneExplorer it looks OK.
b. in several cases the subject is not seen on the HTC - it is missing while it is OK on the Outlook and on the MPE.
if you click this meeting on the HTC you get to see all its details including the missing subject.

Check if the appointments starts before 1970 and if yes then move it to 1990. Android has several issues with calculating date values before 1970

Zitat:
If set to Compare only + in sync mode force outlook
the result is that MPE rewrite all entries to phone and not only the ones that were changed.

Are you able to reproduce this issue ?

I will not add support for other calendars than gregorian calendar. Besides its hard enought to handle one calendar scale you are the first user which noticed this lack. So i think it has not a high priority for the most users

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 04, 2012 06:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

This should not matter, its only for display. Maybe you get a wrong info cause your phone is rooted.

OK

Zitat:

Check if the appointments starts before 1970 and if yes then move it to 1990. Android has several issues with calculating date values before 1970

ALL ARE 20XX AND UP

Zitat:

Are you able to reproduce this issue ?

YES, THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME I SYNC

Zitat:
I will not add support for other calendars than gregorian calendar. Besides its hard enought to handle one calendar scale you are the first user which noticed this lack. So i think it has not a high priority for the most users

VERY DISSAPOINTING REPLY THAT FORCE ME TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER SOLUTION.
I'M SORRY THAT YOU CAN’T SEE THE BENEFIT OF IT AND THE POTENTIAL OF MILIONS OF CHINEESE, ARABIC AND HEBREW USERS TO YOUR PACKAGES.
NO ONE CAN ACCEPT A PROGRAM THAT MAKES MISTAKES IN EVENTS DAYS ! THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND I SUGGEST YOU SHOULD STATE IT IN YOUR DESCRIPTION TO SAVE USER’S TIME.
I WANTED VERY MUCH TO BELIEVE YOU ARE HANDSHAKING WITH OUTLOOK WITH ALL ITS FIELDS AND LOGICS BUT APPERENTLY I WAS WRONG ;-(
taparoles

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 04, 2012 11:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

johnd101 hat Folgendes geschrieben:

NO ONE CAN ACCEPT A PROGRAM THAT MAKES MISTAKES IN EVENTS DAYS ! THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

-Writing in uppercase is rude.
-If you don't like MPE, ask your money back. But that will be difficult, because MPE is free, FJ gave his time to help us. I don't understand how people can criticize freeware. If you don't like your gift, just don't use it.
johnd101

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 04, 2012 12:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

taparoles hat Folgendes geschrieben:

NO ONE CAN ACCEPT A PROGRAM THAT MAKES MISTAKES IN EVENTS DAYS ! THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

-Writing in uppercase is rude.
-If you don't like MPE, ask your money back. But that will be difficult, because MPE is free, FJ gave his time to help us. I don't understand how people can criticize freeware. If you don't like your gift, just don't use it.

Thank you for your polite reply
Writing in caps was not meant for any reason, sorry if this disappoints you…

I didn't say I don't like MPE. on the contrary.
I didn't like the fact that a wrong date sync to android bug will not be addressed.
I didn’t like the fact that millions of users using a mixed calendar with non-Gregorian events cannot use MPE.

What to do with this it's my own problem and I really don't need any advise on it.
I already spent time for figuring out and pin pointing the exact bugs and I wouldn't invested that time if I didn’t like it.
Be sure that without criticism and sharing you'll get nowhere !
have fun
taparoles

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 04, 2012 18:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Be sure that without criticism and sharing you'll get nowhere !

From what I see on this forum, I think the author of MPE (FJ) always accepts criticism.
And when he can fix a problem, he does so.
But when a feature is asked by only one person (among thousands of users that don't ask for it), especially for a feature that needs a lot of time to be added, I think we can't blame him for not adding that feature.

I'm sorry about the uppercase, I thought you did it on purpose.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.