FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Change PC Sync Calendar events to Google Calendar? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
lucid

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 03, 2013 13:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just wondering if someone could offer some advice here. Been an MPE user a long time.

In my previous setup I was using an android gingerbread HTC Desire HD. When i initially imported my old calendar to the phone from an old nokia i accidentally set it to store on the phones calendar (not google). All the subsequent entries were to google calendar. When i backed up and synced to MPE the old events were listed as PC Sync and there was no option to switch them to Google.

Now my old HTC is gone and I am looking at importing all my old calendar entries to my new phone an HTC One SV, presently running ICS (there is a jellybean update not yet applied).

I have all the backups in MPE but am looking for a method to get all the PC sync events into google. There is no export feature in MPE unfortunately.

If I sync the present events (a mix of PC/google) from MPE to the phone no doubt they will be restored as they were. But is there a way to then force them all to google, meaning the old PC sync events.??

Edit:

I eventually found a way by getting the contacts directly from my old nokia phone to the new via HTC transfer wizard to google account calendar on the phone. Then the phone synced to google to upload them. So both old calendar entries (previously PC sync) as well as newer ones from HTC desire HD that were entered as google sync were now on the google calendar as one and all correct.
On the new phone there was only the entries from the old nokia and google would not sync back the latter contacts from google to the phone.

My next step was to start again and remove my google account from the phone, and then re input it again. Now I used MPE to force sync all the calendar entries from google back to the phone. This worked, so that both phone and google calendar both had the identical events.

This success was short lived because as soon as google began syncing the calendars, outside of MPE, (even though both were the same), it promptly wiped the entries off the phone and uploaded them to the web calendar. So in the end I am left with no entries on the phone while having everything duplicated on the web.

Shocked

Any suggestions..i do now have backups of the complete calendar in various formats exported from MPE as well as google on the web.
There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with google sync???
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
lucid

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 04, 2013 16:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The solution here was to delete the main google calendar on the web (after exporting a back up). Then sync so no entries were on the phone or web. (remember once the main calendar is deleted on google it can no longer be re imported via google).

Then create a new connection with MPE and force sync from my ical file to the phone setting the correct account details for the default calendar in MPE settings as well as on the app on the phone.

Then MPE uploaded to the phone all the entries.
Afterwards the phone then synced to google calendar and uploaded the entries to the default calendar on the web, leaving them intact on the phone.

Very Happy
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 30, 2019 20:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Lucid,

I am not sure if you are still active on the forums but I found this post via a search and wonder if you could fill in the blanks for me.

I have a thread here:
https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

...where I am trying to sync from phone to outlook (been doing for years), and from android phone to google. And from google to an android tablet.

Been happily syncing between outlook and MPE for years but now with multiple devices, would like to sync to google also. I know yours was a one-time thing but wondered if you had any input on the linked thread above.

Thanks,
BJB
alligators

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 16, 2020 07:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

when i make a profile for my new phone in MyPhoneExplorer - i suspected would be blank on the calendar.. and it was... This how i fixed it.

first open MyPhoneExplorer on my computer
Then i opened the profile of the old phone
File - Settings - Sync - Sync with, and set all three to : MyPhoneExplorer
Then i hit the sync button (blue circle with white arrows)
Then
Then back to File- Settings- Sync - Advanced 2 - database, and copied the Dir location - pasted into windows explorer - hit enter - took me to it.
Then i copied the Organiser.dat and pasted it in to the same location in my new phones directory in the same tree.
re started MyPhoneExplorer, bingo its all on the calendar..
turned on the client on my new phone, hit sync.. a message says "hey there isnt any thing here.. would you like to sync the phone with the pc.." - hit yes.. done.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.