FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Can't Sync Cell Phone with 2012 Toyota Prius Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
hubsm

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 13, 2013 13:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I sync my Motorola Droid X with Outlook using MPE.

I just bought a 2012 Toyota Prius. When I tried to transfer the contacts in my cell phone to the car I got "Transfer Failed". A Prius owner forum said that Toyota support told them that the Prius will not transfer contacts from Google Contacts, only contacts that are directly from the phone. I thought that MFE synced directly from Outlook, not using Google. Was I wrong? Is there a way I can fix this?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 13, 2013 14:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

To find out what MPE is syncing to go the MPE phone app and settings > add contacts to. That's one thing to check.

On the Prius side you need to check that it is indeed doing a 'sync' rather than just downloading your phonebook contacts. If it was me I'd NOT want the car to sync with my phone. If it's just downloading it's probably over Bluetooth? But check this out with the manual and alos check Prius forums as I'v eseen lots of issues with (particular) phones and (particular) cars not working how the manufacturer says it should.

hubsm

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 13, 2013 15:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I checked my phone. Settings/add new contacts to has Phone as the only selection. Should I assume that Google Contacts is not involved?

You are right, I am not trying to sync, just add my contacts to the directory in the car. Toyota lists my phone as compatable. Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 13, 2013 18:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hubsm hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I checked my phone. Settings/add new contacts to has Phone as the only selection. Should I assume that Google Contacts is not involved? ...

Yep. You should have a Google account listed if you've set up the Play Store though. I sync all my Outlook contacts with the Google account on the phone BUT only after turning OFF the sync services.

hubsm hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... You are right, I am not trying to sync, just add my contacts to the directory in the car. Toyota lists my phone as compatable. Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Not really, other than to a) check what the manual says EXACTLY about downloading contacts and b) checking out various forums on the Prius. One thing I've seen that fixes issues like this is downloading one contact at a time. Other than that I can't reallu help. But do any of these help - a bit older than your car but worth a look.

http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Your-Cellphone-Phone-Book-to-Your-Prius

http://www.askmefast.com/HOW_TO_SYNC_PHONE_IN_A_TOYOTA_PRIUS-qna348250.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/65659-transferring-contacts-prius.html

HTH

hubsm

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 13, 2013 19:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Very helpful - Thanks
hubsm

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 14, 2013 15:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I found the answer. I did not know that a permission request would appear in the dropdown menu of the phone - you have to manually pull it down or you don't know the message is there. When I found it and gave the car permission to download the phonebook, everything downloaded fine. This is great! Now I can voice dial from the car.

Kudos to MPE for the way it handles syncing from Outlook to Android without the use of Google. Very Happy
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.