FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problems with SMS under Kit Kat Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 12, 2013 23:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm using v1.8.5 of MPE with a Nexus 5 on Kit Kat. Everything runs fine, except SMS deletions. Now that SMS is integrated with Hangouts, it seems as though MPE cannot delete SMS messages from the phone. (See the following error in the picture, below.)

Any idea what the problem might be? Any way to correct this, other than using a different app on the phone for SMS?

Thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 15, 2013 13:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Same thing happens using other apps for SMS. I guess the messaging functionality in MPE is broken on Android 4.4? Confused
bad_cluster

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 16, 2013 15:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I can't also copy sms from archive to device, once saved on pc, the MPE crashes when I try that, ever. With Android 4.4 on Nexus 4.
monkeyboy

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 19, 2013 17:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes i tried switching to 8sms with my Nexus 5 in a hope to cure the problem but still messages will not delete. I also have problems with messages i have read in myphoneexplorer still showing as unread on my nexus. I guess we need to wait for a client update and also the pc software to update also?
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 19, 2013 18:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

monkeyboy hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Yes i tried switching to 8sms with my Nexus 5 in a hope to cure the problem but still messages will not delete. I also have problems with messages i have read in myphoneexplorer still showing as unread on my nexus. I guess we need to wait for a client update and also the pc software to update also?

I'm using 8sms also, but I also tested Handcent and GoSMS. Same thing happens.
newmansk

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 14:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97584#97584

Didn't realize there was already a thread on this. I posted a new thread above with the same issue. Hopefully the more people that respond the quicker there will be a fix.

At least an update would be nice. Laughing
monkeyboy

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 14:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I assume the developer is aware? I guess at the moment the number of 4.4 users is very low but this will grow as it becomes available for non nexus devices and also rooted devices.
smithg400

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 17:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just updated Nexus 4 to KitKat and seeing the same problem with deleting messages. However another problem has also appeared, when sending SMS messages from the phone the messages get sent but do not appear in the 'Sent Folder' or in 'Conversations' on the PC even though the 'save successful deliveries in sent items' option is selected.
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 17:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

smithg400 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Just updated Nexus 4 to KitKat and seeing the same problem with deleting messages. However another problem has also appeared, when sending SMS messages from the phone the messages get sent but do not appear in the 'Sent Folder' or in 'Conversations' on the PC even though the 'save successful deliveries in sent items' option is selected.

I never bothered to verify that, but I see that I am having the same problem. Thanks for posting!
monkeyboy

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 17:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Same here - i've just been pressing download entire each time i get a msg in order to get it to refresh. I've had a look on the german speaking part of the forum and this issue has been raised by one person thus far.
smithg400

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 26, 2013 18:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Further investigation shows an additional problem - when sending a message that is >160 characters from MPE it appears on the phone as two (or three or four) separate messages rather than one long one. And when I 'download entire' it appears in MPE as two or more separate messages. Fortunately it would seem that the person receiving the message seems to get it as one long one.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 02, 2013 02:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please test the current beta of MyPhoneExplorer Client: www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

@smithg400: Does this issue happen too in the beta ?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
monkeyboy

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 02, 2013 11:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ - many thanks for the Beta. I installed the Beta and the situation for me is changed but not resolved. I have tested with a Nexus 5 4.4 and using hangouts and 8sms. In both cases when i try to delete a message the new issue is that Android asks if i want to change my default SMS app to Myphoneexplorer - if i say no the message delete fails. I have not tried saying yes as i do not want to lose messages as i do not think myphoneexplorer is a valid SMS app?
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 02, 2013 15:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

monkeyboy hat Folgendes geschrieben:
FJ - many thanks for the Beta. I installed the Beta and the situation for me is changed but not resolved. I have tested with a Nexus 5 4.4 and using hangouts and 8sms. In both cases when i try to delete a message the new issue is that Android asks if i want to change my default SMS app to Myphoneexplorer - if i say no the message delete fails. I have not tried saying yes as i do not want to lose messages as i do not think myphoneexplorer is a valid SMS app?

I was just about to post the same thing. Smile
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 03, 2013 00:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Starting with Android KitKat only the default SMS application has write access to the database. So you have to set MyPhoneExplorer temporarly as default SMS app, after some time you will be asked to change back the default SMS app. It was not my idea, i can just implement the new restrictions based on the recommendations of the Android team: http://android-developers.blogspot.co.at/2013/10/getting-your-sms-apps-ready-for-kitkat.html

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.