FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Use MPE to sync two Gmail contact accounts Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
spile

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 26, 2013 14:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've found it is possible to use a phone to "bridge" two different gmail contacts accounts.
In my case I have two user profiles on my PC - one for work and one for home each with a completely separate Outlook profile (see my other post for how I did this).
However I also have two completely separate gmail accounts each with their own contacts and these I need to sync.
NB I want sync contact not manually import/export them as I will be keeping both accounts live

Preparation in Gmail...
Things are lot easier if gmail and phone contacts are empty and contacts are in Outlook only (you should have a have a backup)

TIP - Phone doesn't like to delete too many contacts if remote sync is on so you have to turn it off, confirm delete, turn it off again. Repeating process until phone and gmail contacts are empty.

Using MPE to set up sync...

Ensure Outlook contacts are sync'd to first gmail account only on the phone. Do this via the MPE clent on the phone itself or through MPE on PC itself (Settings > Sync > Contacts-accounts to sync)
TIP - The key thing here is to ONLY sync to ONE gmail account
Perform MPE sync from phone to first gmail account using download entire option.
Check that contacts are in Outlook and on phone (gmail account 1)
In the phone turn on gmail remote sync (this is the phone sync not the MPE sync) for gmail account 1.
This will take some time - progress can be watched using a PC browser. Wait for all contacts to be sync'd.

In MPE change settings so that Outlook contacts are set to second gmail account only on the phone. Do this via the MPE clent on the phone itself or through MPE on PC itself (Settings > Sync > Contacts-accounts to sync)
Ensure that first account is unticked.
Perform sync.
Check that contacts are in Outlook and on phone (gmail account 2)
In the phone turn on gmail remote sync (this is the phone sync not the MPE sync) for gmail account 2.
This will take some time - progress can be watched using a PC browser. Wait for all contacts to be sync'd.

Now your contacts should be on phone and both gmail accounts.

To keep them in sync you will need to swap the two accounts in MPE. The key thing is to only have one gmail accounts sync'd.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.