FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Categories: changing their sequence in the list? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 04, 2014 15:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What's the best way of achieving this?

If it requires editing a file, to which one, or which ones, should this be done, so everything syncs correctly, between phone client and MPE on the PC?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 14, 2014 11:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Exclamation Bump!
Maybe only FJ knows?

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 18, 2014 18:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Are you talking about the sequence how the groups are displayed when you want to select/deselect it for a contact or are you talking about the sequence how the group tags are shown for a single contact in the listview ?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 19, 2014 12:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Are you talking about the sequence how the groups are displayed when you want to select/deselect it for a contact or are you talking about the sequence how the group tags are shown for a single contact in the listview ?
A good question, I should have been more precise.

I was thinking of the first, as it would make selection easier if a user finds certain of his/her Groups are more commonly used together. In this case, one of these would not be found, for example, scrolled-off the screen at the bottom of the list.

Question Is this sequence picked-up from a text file that a user could rearrange? I thought it better to ask than to make a guess as to which file this might be, and then do something that could have unexpected consequences ...

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 19, 2014 16:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The sequence is read from a metadata file which is overwritten on every sync so i don't think its a good idea to edit the file pb_metadata.xml of your datafolder. You could set a access permission on the file so that MyPhoneExplorer is not able to overwrite the file but this is dangerous cause MyPhoneExplorer is not able to detect changes in the settings of the contact sync.

RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 20, 2014 14:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
The sequence is read from a metadata file which is overwritten [by data from the phone] on every sync so i don't think its a good idea to edit the file pb_metadata.xml of your datafolder [on the PC]. You could set a access permission on the file [on the PC] so that MyPhoneExplorer is not able to overwrite the file but this is dangerous cause MyPhoneExplorer is not able to detect changes in the settings of the contact sync.

I am a bit unclear as to the location of the file in your reference. Does the information I added, in square-brackets, correctly preserve the meaning of your quote? If yes, then you're saying, editing the sequence on the user's PC will cause problems during each sync?

Question But, is there a similar file on the phone, that may be edited -- without causing problems? If yes, then, what is its name, and its path?

RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 04, 2014 21:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Exclamation Bump Exclamation
Please help me to rephrase the question -- if it doesn't make sense in its present form.
Or, please give me a link, if the answer has been posted elsewhere, as I searched and can't find it.
Thank you! Smile

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 01, 2014 00:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- START->Run->%appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer->OK
- open your profile subfolder (Model ID + IMEI)
- here is the file pb_metadata.xml

Editing the sequence in the file is no problem. But the file will be overwritten on every sync so the change will be lost.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.