FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Almost every Calendar Appointment gets duplicated Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
dbareis

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 17, 2014 08:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

Almost every calendar appointment gets duplicated after the 2nd sync. I'm not sure when it started but I suspect its Kitkat, I'm on Android 4.4.2 on a Nexus 5.

I have linked to a zip file containing logs for the 2 syncs, there is at least one other event this happens to in the logs but I have attached an event in outlook format and the subject line is "Branch storage details discussion".

After the 2nd sync there are two events, a 3rd sync won't create a 3rd event. This event was added to the outlook calendar shortly before the first sync.

ZIP @ "http://dennisbareis.com/tmp/myphoneexplorer sync issue (2x almost all calendar events).zip" (URL tags not working in forum...)

Phone: Nexus 6P (6.0.1)
Connection: BlueTooth
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
ScratMan

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 18, 2014 13:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, same issue there, with a Motorola Defy with Android 4.4.2

If I delete all of the meetings from the phone and on Google Agenda web site, then use MPE to force sync from Outlook --> Phone, it correctly syncs the agenda.
If I try to immediately sync again, it does not find differences and does not sync.

But after I disconnect the phone from MPE and if I sync the phone with the Google server, then try to sync again Outlook with the phone (still Outlook --> phone), it duplicates some of the meetings on the phone.
mojave

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 22, 2014 21:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am probably doing something wrong. PC is on W7, Outlook 2007, tablet is Nexus 7. Contact is via WiFi.
Yesterday I downloaded this software and managed to copy the calendar from Outlook to the tablet. Today I tried to do the same, but all entries are in double on the tablet. How to avoid this? Can I either just synchronize what has changed, or delete all appointments from the tablet and copy the full calendar again. Thanks.
dbareis

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 22, 2014 23:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

mojave hat Folgendes geschrieben:
or delete all appointments from the tablet and copy the full calendar again.

That hasn't worked for me. The first sync adds the one entry and the 2nd onwards adds a second.

ScratMan

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 27, 2014 08:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Still no solution ?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 27, 2014 17:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

ScratMan hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... But after I disconnect the phone from MPE and if I sync the phone with the Google server, then try to sync again Outlook with the phone (still Outlook --> phone), it duplicates some of the meetings on the phone.

I don't know if you did this 3-way sync before and it worked but I would say that if it did you were very lucky. If you use MPE to sync between your phone and Outlook then it retains all the information needed when sync'ing the nexdt time. If, between times, you then sync your phone with Google then all the information that MPE has is "incorrect" with respect to the informatrion on the phone so it thinks you've changed things ... I'm sure you get what is going on.

ScratMan

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 28, 2014 07:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... But after I disconnect the phone from MPE and if I sync the phone with the Google server, then try to sync again Outlook with the phone (still Outlook --> phone), it duplicates some of the meetings on the phone.

I don't know if you did this 3-way sync before and it worked but I would say that if it did you were very lucky. If you use MPE to sync between your phone and Outlook then it retains all the information needed when sync'ing the nexdt time. If, between times, you then sync your phone with Google then all the information that MPE has is "incorrect" with respect to the informatrion on the phone so it thinks you've changed things ... I'm sure you get what is going on.

I confirm it was working previously, so maybe Google has changed something in their sync system that make some changes in the events when synced between the phone and the server, breaking the sync between the phone and outlook.

Now I'm using Google Calendar Sync, fortunately it's still available and working for my Google account as I used it in the past.
However I had to use the default calendar as my work calendar as GCS does not allow to select which calendar to sync.
AnrDaemon

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 28, 2014 23:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

GCS does not allow to select which calendar to sync.

It does.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 28, 2014 23:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its a known - new - issue in relation with Google calendars. Please try the current beta (open the link in the browser of your phone), i think i have fixed this issue sucessfully: www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

Don't forget to give me feedback since i was not able to reproduce the issue on my own development phone.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
CO_Cowboy

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 01, 2014 22:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I had been using MPE fer 'bout (2) years now, 'n have loved it.

Just recently changed to a Samsung Galaxy S4, 'n first sync went great...
After that, Duplicates exponentially increasing.

I then found that when my Corpporate Email (along with my Gmail, and Hotmail) would sync my changes between syncs. So when I sync'd 'gain.. I'm sure you get it.

Now that me made it so me phone only sync's with MPE, I've been able ta sync much more appropriately.

I just figured that with MPE ye have more control, 'n that it was ment ta be that way.

Are ye say'n that it SHOULD sync all 5 accounts flawlessly now, or in the future?

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 03, 2014 11:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Its a known - new - issue in relation with Google calendars. Please try the current beta (open the link in the browser of your phone), i think i have fixed this issue sucessfully: www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

Don't forget to give me feedback since i was not able to reproduce the issue on my own development phone.

Seems to be better, tried to sync several times from outlook > MPE > Phone 1 > Google > Phone 2
and it seems to work, no more duplicates Very Happy

Thanks a lot
dbareis

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 03, 2014 22:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Although I'm watching this topic I don't get emails so haven't seen the client post above but I installed the beta (client & server) mentioned at "http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100358" and this appears to have fixed my duplication issue.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.