FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 I there a way to disable file cache on PC? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
SeaFargo

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 21, 2011 14:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is there a way to disable the caching (on PC documents and settings) of any file on PC that goes from the PC to the phone and from phone to the PC?

I perfectly know that caching is necessary for syncronization. But if I, for example, am not interested in folder syncro, and just want to copy files to and from the phone, why cant'I disable to store everything to that cache? I have to manually detate every time I decide to transfer in any direction some file...

So I wonder to disable file syncro and disable PC-side file caching for file transfers..

In any case the new version is wonderfull, no install problems, no bugs at all on mt Motorola MB525 Defy and Win XP SP3 and Outlook 2003 environment. All my congrats!!!

Raf.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 26, 2011 23:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Currently its not possible to disable the cache, but you could delete the cachefolder after exiting MyPhoneExplorer. Maybe i'll add this feature into the next version
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Dev8

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 06, 2011 22:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

SeaFargo hat Folgendes geschrieben:
[...] not interested in folder syncro, and just want to copy files to and from the phone
FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Maybe i'll add this feature into the next version

Wanted to add exactly the same request to the wishes' thread, then found this post : I'll be happy too if such an option is added...
coderocker
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 11, 2011 13:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I, too, would be happy with a checkbox to disable the cache.

Deleting the cache folder, btw, results in MPE copying all the files again next time I use the photo sync. So the cache folder with all the files is back, plus in my photo sync folder, I'm ending up with copies of already present files (e.g. "img0001.jpg" from a previous sync and "img0001 (1).jpg").

Where does MPE keep the information which files are already in sync and which are not, or is that what the cache is for?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 18, 2011 21:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
Deleting the cache folder, btw, results in MPE copying all the files again next time I use the photo sync. So the cache folder with all the files is back, plus in my photo sync folder, I'm ending up with copies of already present files (e.g. "img0001.jpg" from a previous sync and "img0001 (1).jpg").

This has nothing to do with the Cache. MyPhoneExplorer keeps no history for photo-sync. It compares the filesize and filename.
Gerhard Meuren

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 06, 2012 11:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Okay, the caching resp. the cache folder can't be changed. But how can I synchronize the files with the files customized in the sync job (source folder (PC) <-> target folder (phone)). In the latest version, the sync files are transferresd to the cache folder. This is not really a sync, is it?
Best Regards
Gerhard
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 07, 2012 23:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The filesync does sync your phone folder with the PC, you can configure all paths there. The files will be internally also cached, but also they are synced to your configured folder.

You can also select "Delete filecache on exit" in the settings of MyPhoneExplorer

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
TriAler

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Okt 31, 2012 16:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi there,

it can make sense, to be able to disable the cache in MPE or give the users the possibility to change the destination of the cache-directory.
If you run it as portable-MPE on a small usb-stick, you´ll run out of filespace after some minutes, if you´ll transfer a huge amount of music-files to the phone.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 14, 2012 20:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its already possible to change the datadirectory of MyPhoneExplorer but not for the portable Version cause THIS would be against the portable concept.

Bill Irwin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 08, 2014 11:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've turned on the clear on exit but the cache isn't deleted. It's still showing 7GB in C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer\samsung SGH-I337M [355794052118147]
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 23, 2014 00:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please install the current beta and try again: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe
If it still does not work then please post the logfile after MPE was cosed.
Start->Run->%appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer\debug.txt->OK

lchmiel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 19, 2016 19:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I also have the option "delete filecache on exit" set on but the cache isn't deleted. I sync large catalogs so the cache can be really large.

1. Can I delete it manually from time to time, when MyPhoneExplorer is not running? Will it influence the synchronization of files?

2. How can the cache be cleared automatically?

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 25, 2017 13:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

sorry bringing up old topic, i also just found mpe duplicating all sync folders to cache

if i enable "delete cache on exit", will it affect the performance?

jusy saying, why not use database (of time, size), or hash (e.g. md5, sha1....) to compare files instead?

thx
BugMeNot

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 01, 2017 22:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hello?
gautxori

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 16, 2017 19:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

file cache has become a pain in the buttocks for me, using windows xp: file paths length grow over XP limits, which causes unstability. You might opt for fixing that, I think Win10, 8.1 etc have the same problem...
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.