FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Who Leads who Outlook or Phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
esteban

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 02, 2011 06:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi

I am new in the forum and did read the FAQ. First of all great application and great effort so I have donated as it is deserved, thx for caring.

Having taken care of that:

I am using a new and very satisfying Nexus S after migrating from an HTC because of the well know battery issues. For the Nexus S there is unfortunatley as you know no standard suite for synchronizing with Outlook and Windows MPE does a great job.
I keep finding myself entering new contacts depending on the situation in either Outlook and in the Phone, same with appointments.
However I keep getting messages from MPE to synchronize either Outlook or Phone entries with each other eventhough I have not made changes to those specific entries.

In short it seems to be that there is no clear which one is the most recent event and so I get almost daily a list of entries to decide which should synchronize to which phone -> outlook or outlook -> phone.

Is there a feature that can say simply (like HTC used to) Synchronize most recent and so if Phone has the most recent then the Outlook gets the entries and viceversa?

Great tool Wink

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 11, 2011 23:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The problem you describe is a bug.

MyPhoneExplorer does always compare all fields on sync and in some situations it can happen that a endless loop in sync is caused. Please download the beta and try again: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

If this does not help then we have to find the problematic field

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
esteban

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 12, 2011 06:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ

thank you for the reply. I had already solved the problem by painstaikingly eliminating all entries in my calendar and phone (both contacts and appointments) and synchronizing an old HTC Windows Mobile again to regain the basis for the start.

I then worked through all multiple entries in Outlook and forced these on the phone. It took quite a while as I kept getting a connection error to my phone (which I don't know where it comes from as it definitely remains connected and the client is running on it) so I kept xxx on OK when he connection error appeared in nearly every entry until the complete Outlook DB was again on the phone.

Now I use Synch both and it seems for the moment to be working.

In any case I still get the ocasionally connection error. Will download the Beta and test it and post a feedback next week to report the status.

Thank you for your time!

Bests

Esteban

2011-08-15 Eseban Posted:

FJ I need to add that since I have now the Beta I am getting the following error on the synchronization of my phonebook when reaching the 795th entry:

OBEX Error Code: 00-Phone Didn't answer, Timeout

When xxx "OK" I get:

Connection to Phone could not be established: Socket Error 10061- Connection is forecefully rejected.

Is this perhaps about the fact that I am on Nexus S instead of a more known less new Android phone?

Thanks again

Esteban

2011-08-15 Esteban Comented:
NB I have strangely succeeded to synchronize the phonebook without the Error 00 timeout if I go to Messages first and download all messages, and only then I begin the synchronization. This seems to work.

for the Calender unfortunately my luck is not so good.. still getting the Error 00 code

Bests

Esteban

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 22, 2011 23:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please post the logfile or send it to my mailaddress directly after the error appeared. Enable also "Avoid standby" in the settings of the client

esteban

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 13, 2011 06:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ & ALL

Please read carefully -VERY IMPORTANT-
I believe this can greatly help anyone facing similar problems like I did for nearly 2 Months with the Nexus S and synchronizing with Outlook:

Background:

I bought a new Nexus S which I did not know didn't have a suit which enabled synchronization with applications like Lotus, Outlook, etc.

Nexus S is a pure Android phone (now I know it and I am saddned by it as I thought Google and Android to be smarter than this) Meaning if you want to synchronize it with outlook not even Samsung Kies offers support for your phone (remember we are talking about Nexus S).

Through a work colleague I got the recommendation to use MyPhone Explorer (MPE) and so I installed after installing the Android Development kit USB Drivers for Windows

Was having serious issues with MPE timing out and giving error codes for 2 months adding up to my frustration as I literally lost contacts and appointments with the crashes.

I was desperate for help and with all best efforts was getting no where.

ISSUE SOLVED
Aftera all of the advise of FJ I kept patienting to synchronize by xxx OK on all my error codes and timeouts.

as a final desperate measure I reinstalled Kies to see if it would find my phone but I confirm KIES IS NOT VALID FOR NEXUS S EVEN IF IT IS A SAMSUNG PHONE-

HOWEVER THE USB DRIVERS INSTALLED WITH THE KIES VERSION 2.0.1.11053_99 SUDDENLY SOLVED ALL MY TIMEOUT AND ERROR CODES with Nexus S INCREDIBLE
Now thanks to FJ's efforts and MPE I can again Synchronize everything from Outlook 2007 with my Nexus S

FJ again a special thank you for your patience and vision in developing MPE...

To everyone facing similar issues please do as I mentioned:

Install KIES in the version mentioned above and then Use MPE to synchronize it will save you tons of hours of frustration and wasted time! Then consider donating to FJ Software for delivering something that giants like Google and Samsung could not!

Bests

Esteban

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 14, 2011 21:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

And you are sure the drivers did solve your problems ? This would be a important news.

The current state is: The timeout problems happen often when there are many datasets to transfer, it seems the phone does cut the connection. Can it be that it works now cause your datasets are near equal ? Cause in this case there are not many items transfered and so you would get also no timeouts

esteban

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 15, 2011 06:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Again today after making my last effort to find out if there is an Official SW for synchronization I received the Official Reply from Samsung:

The Nexus S is a Pure Android phone so there is no SW other than directly through Google for Synchronization, Kies -they added- does not support the Nexus S.

So having said that Drivers solved my problem is true but perhaps I need to detail further:

Yes it is true, specially with large data sets there are often popups with Connection Errors whilst trying to do the first migration. This problem I solved by puting a weight on the RETRUN key, a trick I learned from my early IT days with SAP when doing large and repetitve data uploads and tasks so that everytime the prompt pops up you get the OK pressed immediately.

This saves tons of time.

After having done this, the synchronization for further entries works much faster as you say. In any case the drivers definitley helped as I did my first synchronization straight after I came back from a 3 week holiday with my outlook having a lot of new apointments and so it really made the difference only after I installed KIES (even if I only use the drivers from KIES)..

Of course looking forward to a complete MPE in its time where I can also do without Kies.. But for that I can definitely wait.

Bests

Esteban

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.