FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Task categories Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
depal

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 13, 2011 22:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for such a superb piece of software. As an Outlook user I find it makes Android a really practical OS.

So the new version 1.8.2, with its ability to sync tasks, was really good news. But could there be a version that allows task categories to be synced too? They make tasks much easier to use.

depal
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 18, 2011 23:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll think about this

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
jml
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 20, 2011 09:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Very nice job.

I am using a Desire S, for which HTSync does not copy calendar items anymore. Thus found your software, and really love it.

I would highly appreciate using the categories, specially for sorting, like in Outlook. This means also that sorting would be nice in the APP, for priority and categories.

Vielen Dank für die gute Arbeit.

JML
meo

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 24, 2011 15:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

see - in german -> http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14669

I think the same about Categories of tasks:

1) classification on the project - then I can assign the toDo's to an project
2) Status of the TODO's - open, in progress, cloesed

It would correspond more to the GTD (Get Thinks Done):
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done

Request: can I rename the category myself - at the beginning of the configuration

Input on this topic: a image - http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:GTD_Arbeitsablauf.png&filetimestamp=20061117211401

Also well described here:
http://www.zeitzuleben.de/2372-getting-things-done-david-allens-zeitmanagement-methode/
iskadibble

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 22, 2011 03:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi

I recently loaded MyPhoneExplorer and agree that it is a good app but like the people above am really surprised that "category" is not a feature supported for Outlook Tasks. I have a 7 year old Dell Axim PDA that I have continued to use up until now as smart phones have not had this capability. So, if you take away the phone capability of my Samsung Galaxy S, my 7 year old PDA beats it hands down in terms of its ability to synconise and manage fundamental Outlook functions because of this issue. Very strange as you'd think it was an absolutely basic function to retain. I am currently managing almost 100 tasks in Outlook and the lack of categorisation is extremely frustrating. For MyPhoneExplorer to have this function and to be able to sort/view by category on both the desktop and on the phone would make a good app "perfect".

Or, don't people manage tasks anymore?? Very strange.

So, please, please, please fill in this gap and make MyPhoneExplorer 100% Outlook friendly!

Regards ...
zentech

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 22, 2011 15:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

iskadibble hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi

I recently loaded MyPhoneExplorer and agree that it is a good app but like the people above am really surprised that "category" is not a feature supported for Outlook Tasks. I have a 7 year old Dell Axim PDA that I have continued to use up until now as smart phones have not had this capability. So, if you take away the phone capability of my Samsung Galaxy S, my 7 year old PDA beats it hands down in terms of its ability to synconise and manage fundamental Outlook functions because of this issue. Very strange as you'd think it was an absolutely basic function to retain. I am currently managing almost 100 tasks in Outlook and the lack of categorisation is extremely frustrating. For MyPhoneExplorer to have this function and to be able to sort/view by category on both the desktop and on the phone would make a good app "perfect".

Or, don't people manage tasks anymore?? Very strange.

So, please, please, please fill in this gap and make MyPhoneExplorer 100% Outlook friendly!

Regards ...

Requesting same functionality for notes as well! Very Happy
TomasG

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 07, 2012 19:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am in the works of replacing my old Palm PDA with an Android Phone, and I also really need a good, simple task app with sync capabilities and CATEGORIES.

After using the GTD methodology for a few years, I really see the value of categories. In a typical GTD implementation, each category corresponds to a context; e.g. in the category "@Computer" I put tasks I need to do at the computer, in the category "@Home" I put tasks that needs to be done at home and so on. This means that a long list can be filtered for context and the list becomes much more useful.

As your sync tool seems to be the best on the market, it would be very nice if categories would be supported to.
jay51

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 19, 2012 05:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Am also moving from Palm kicking and screaming as the new phones are more like toys to me, although I must admit they are fun to play games on. Old fashioned as I am, have finally moved to Android and after pulling what's left of my hair out, have discovered MyPhoneExplorer. Obviously, the Googlians don't want me to sync with Microsoft Outlook and therefore make it very difficult to do so. Duh! (smack forehead). But FJSoft made it easy! And free!

Thank you for an outstanding app! It is a lifesaver and the single most important app on my phone. HOWEVER--I can't imagine why you would have left out Categories in both Tasks and Notes??? I gave you a 4-star rating on the Android Market and when/if Categories are added on, I will give you a 10-star rating and a big donation!
jt69

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 26, 2012 02:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I agree - this is an outstanding app! Well done!

And I'd also like to put in a plug for 'Categories' for Tasks and Notes. Over the years of using Outlook, I've gradually categorized all my tasks and notes. I've now got 16 Task categories, with several hundred to-do items, and 13 Note categories with over 400 entries in there (about half are account info, logins and passwords!!!). Having all that mashed together without any categories makes it a real mess... Yeah, I should clean out most of it, and consolidate it some, but a basic thing like 'categories' really is useful. Until, it's added, I'm afraid I've got to use other options (my old Palm PDA) and/or apps (DGT-GTD & Evernote, and MobisleNotes).
If/when categories get added, please let me know - I'll definitely start using MPE then!
thanks,
cheers,
jt

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 27, 2012 21:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The reason why i did not implement categories for taks and notes are simple. Since its technically not possible to support categories for the calendar and in my mind tasks and notes have even a lower priority then calendar i did not think its important. OK, maybe this was not a objective view Wink

This feature is already on my road map, but its alot more work like it seems. The sync itself of the field is no problem, but i have to implement it in the GUI of "MPE Tasks" and "MPE Notes" and this is the part which causes loosing my hairs Wink. But its one of the next bigger tasks for development

jt69

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 27, 2012 22:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok. Thanks. I figured it was just a programming issue. Smile But that's what they're paying you the big bucks for, right? Smile
But, I for one have never bothered with using Categories in setting events in the calendar - date and time being the biggies there. However, my tasks and notes are more general in nature, and categories really help organizing them.
thanks,
cheers,
jt

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 09, 2013 17:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

there are news ?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 25, 2013 00:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Nothing finished, but i am working on it

Karol

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2013 22:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am really looking so much for the categories for tasks and notes, it would be SO helpful! Can´t wait when it is possible because MPE saved my life when looking for an app after exchanging Palm for Android (as many other Palm ex-users´ lives as I see). I was getting lost in hundreds of applications that are nice to play with but do not include basic functions which we were used to with Palm, so thank you for a great app!! When categories are at disposal, it is simply PERFECT!!
vieuxrichard

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 08, 2013 15:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have just completed my first sync with Outlook / MPE / Huawei G300. Delighted with results EXCEPT that all the Categories I created in Outlook Notes & Tasks have been deleted and I have a new Master Category List that contains n.v.m.
I will have to recreate all my Categories, so how do I avoid this has happening in future synchronisations?

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.