FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Contact - fields Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
okhoff

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 20, 2006 19:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What wonderful software this is. So wonderful in fact that it would be my preferred vCard editor if it weren't for two minor things.

vCard download from Norwegian directory (gulesider.no) uses vcf field info that causes trouble. In fact, it refuses to import into the phonebook entirely. I suspect one culprit is the GEO field and the second the ADR field with PARCEL (see enclosure). Now these card do import to the phone (through myphoneexplorer menuextentions) - but both ADR and obviously GEO (which I don't think SonyEricsson supports) are stripped off.

For all I know it is gulesider.no's vcf implementation that is the culprit, but slightly annoying all the same.

In an ideal world, MyPhoneExplorer would support GEO fields and link in with mapping software (like gpstm.com) and allow for my full phonebook to be edited (some 700 entries). This to me, would be the perfect PIM that would outclass any other address software I have tried (which is quite a few). Especially with the Rainlendar2 sync now implemented...

Forgive my ranting - very impressed, and very pleased with the software...

Ola-Kristian

Encl:
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
FN:xxx xxx
N:;xxx xxx;;;
ADR;DOM;WORK:;;Tullins g 6;Oslo;;0166;
ADR;DOM;POSTAL;PARCEL;WORK:;;Postboks 6878 St Olavs pl;Oslo;;0130;
TEL;WORK;VOICE:22943210
GEO:10.7347587,59.9182942
ORG:xxx
REV:2006-12-20T17:59:49
END:VCARD
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 20, 2006 19:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hy
Geo-data are not supported from the phones. I tried out the file and the work-address was imported right (only one - thats right).

I think you don't know about a new feature in MyPhoneExplorer. Klick on the search-button on top of the numbers and MyPhoneExplorer will find out name and address for you (also takes the information from guleslider). I implemented the support for norway just last friday. So it has no sense if you xxx the name - it starts with "K" - right ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
okh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 20, 2006 21:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Amazing. Hard to keep up. Now I've downloaded and tested. Very impressive. It is almost right, "Kulturadvokatene Djønne" is my colleague, we share switchboard (actually, the reverse look-up returns some 5 names). The reason I xxx'ed it was not for privacy reasons - only to make sure it did not conflict with an identical entry while testing importing...

Very cool feature.

It is a shame about the lack of GEO support in SonyEricsson though. I have GEO in lots of my addresses. Mostly because of my interest in maps (www.advokatredet.no/gps - free Oslomap for Trackmaker, another beautiful piece of software), but also because street address lookup doesn't work in a country where the house could be 1 km away from the street address. I know probably anyone else would be interested, but if MyPhoneExplorer could edit another VCF file (in addition to the syncable one) with GEO fields, I think it would be my dream contact-manager - permitting me to keep all my data in one place.

My point remains though, MyPhoneExplorer is still a better address-manager/PIM than any other I've tried. Even if I did not have a SonyEricsson (which I do).

Thanks a lot!

Ola-Kristian
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.