FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer crashes with click on file name Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 07:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I tried several times to register in the forum but was unable. It said I needed to answer the "humanizer" question and I could figure out what that was. I also want to donate via PayPal for such a good program, but there wasn't enough English on the donate page.

Thank you very much for writing this program! How much work must have gone into it. I'm so angry at Sony Ericsson and their tech support for producing such cruddy software, then NOT SUPPORTING IT.

Anyway, if I list files in the PICTURES folder and click on one of the files, MyPhoneExplorer will crash. Inside the PICTURES folder there is a CAMERA_SEMC folder, and inside that there is a 100MSDCF folder. These child folders don't have any problem. Only files in the PICTURES parent folder do this when I click on them. Not double-click but single click.

In past when I used the cruddy Sony software, before I reinstalled XP, I remember some picture files were protected and could not be deleted. These are probably the same files I'm having a problem with in MyPhoneExplorer.

I want to donate $30 for the software because it's cool. I like cool software, and it seems worth that.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 07:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I forgot to say what phone I have:

Z520a with latest software updated with Update Service.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 07:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

And Windows XP SP2.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 08:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is the problem only on the photos ? Only on cached fotos or also if they are at the moment not cached on the PC ? Whiche Version of MPE you use ?

If you want do donate you can use also direct bank-transfer. Just send me an email for this.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 08:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Problem is only on items in the PICTURES folder. I don't think the file type such as photo or not makes a difference, but what folder the files are in. I think stuff in the PICTURES folder is protected some way by the operating system on the phone. If I just touch the file MPE will crash.

I am able to play sounds from within other folders. I can drag files in, then delete.

I'm using the latest MPE 1.5.8
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 09:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I connected my Z520a to a laptop also running XP and have no problem xxx on the same files. What does one computer have the problem?
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 10:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You are right about pictures. It is the type file and not the folder. I dropped some text files into the PICTURES folder and they had no problem. Conversely, I dropped an image file into the SOUNDS folder, and MPE crashed when I clicked on the file after dropping it there. I have another install of XP on the same computer. If I run MPE there I have no problem. Both installations of XP on the computer are fairly new. Unfortunately nothing is written to the debug file at the time the program crashes.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 14:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll make a debug-version for you the next days to find out where the bug is
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 19:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Cool! All I should need is the EXE file and not an entire install package. I sent you an email as requested for donation info.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 22:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hy David - i got the mail.
You'll get a patch from me (its about 600KB) but i have the next few days no time for this. But you can do some tests to minimize my work:
- does it happen only if the file is cached (please click on the last Toolbarbutton to browse the cachefolder - then you can delete the cached files)
- does it happen with ALL jpeg-Files ? Also with jpegs you created with MS-Paint or only with jpegs from the phone (photos) ?
- does it happen also with *.bmp, *.gif, *.png - Files ?
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 19, 2007 23:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I connected the phone to the laptop where there is no problem. A folder was created in PICTURES called TEST. Four images were dropped into the folder with JPG, GIF, BMP, and PCX extensions. The phone was then connected to the problem computer. None of these images were cached because they were new. MPE crashed on each one. These are the only type files I have seen crash. I did not try all possible image type files but felt the four I did try would be enough. On one of the crashes I clicked DEBUG, since I have Microsoft development stuff installed. I took screen snapshots of the subsequent screens. The snapshots may do you some good, but I doubt it. I don't see a way to add them here so I will email.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 20, 2007 08:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you uploaded the images to the phone with MyPhoneExplorer then the images are chached automatically, please take a look on the cachefolder. The diffrence which help me on debugging: If they are cached then the bug must be in the preview-feature, if not i have to search the bug on another place.
David McDivitt
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 20, 2007 12:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The files are not cached. I uploaded them on a different computer that was not exhibiting the problem, then hooked the phone back up to the problem computer and clicked on the files. Also, the detail view had NO in the cache column on the problem computer.
tusk

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 20, 2007 14:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

David McDivitt hat Folgendes geschrieben:

I tried several times to register in the forum but was unable. It said I needed to answer the "humanizer" question and I could figure out what that was.

Well done David - I had to ask if I was HUMAN! Embarassed

David McDivitt hat Folgendes geschrieben:

I also want to donate via PayPal for such a good program, but there wasn't enough English on the donate page.

What we did ...
... Ignor the German Text: - You KNOW! you want to be here! ...
1.) Just put in your AMOUNT in [Euros] top corner.
2.) Then enter your PAYPAL Email and Password ...

... The Screen goes straight to confirmation.
... It's not a scam and we haven't been robbed!

Sad your having such grief! - Had any luck fixing it?

I've got this programme running on 4 machines - with 4 different Sony Mobiles Phones - All OK - But ONE! - Old USB port! - Kept Rebooting the Machine ... Ordered a New DELL (sigh!)

RGDS.

...]____[.Mr Terry McBride.-.working to rule
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 22, 2007 17:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hy David

Here is the patch, please send me the logfile after the crash.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.