FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Synchronize several devices Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
davitof

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 08, 2012 18:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello

Sorry if this was asked before, but I could not find any way to search for this in the forums and I couldn't find how to do it either.

I have 2 mobile devices, one phone and one tablet. I wish to synchronize them together. I realize this would probably not be possible for the calls or sms (what meaning would have conversations from several devices merged together), but my tablet does not have any phone abilities so this is not an issue for me. For addresses and notes it should be possible. Is it already implemented, or if not is there a workaround?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
davitof

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 08, 2012 18:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just saw that contacts were perfectly synchronized. So my main issue now is with Notes (FJ Notes, of course Wink ), tasks and agenda.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 08, 2012 20:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I synchronise two phones to one PC (mine and my wife's phone) for contacts and calendar. I use the pc (Outlook 2010) as the master and update the phones/pc as necessary. There's no real way to automate the process so you have to choose a 'master' and adjust the process as necessary (depending on whats been updated etc). Make sure you use the sync confirmation window and you should be fine.

Easily done ..... (famous last words ... Smile )

HTH.

davitof

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 09, 2012 01:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ah, because you use Outlook. Yes, of course, this would work. But I don't have Outlook. It would probably work too using the Google calendar. Until now I have felt reluctant to place my agenda on Google, but maybe this will change my mind.

Thanks for the idea.
davitof

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 09, 2012 01:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can someone explain exactly what mean the following options in the Sync tab from the Options:
- Calendar = "iCal-File (local or network)
- Notes = "Pense-bête" in my French version, probably something like "Reminder" in English
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 26, 2012 19:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:

this means: sync with a plain iCal-File. its ideal for your purpose

Zitat:
- Notes = "Pense-bête" in my French version, probably something like "Reminder" in English

I think this means a tiny app of Windows 7 called "Sticky notes", you will find it in the startmenu unter accesoire

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
davitof

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 26, 2012 20:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your answer

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Zitat:

this means: sync with a plain iCal-File. its ideal for your purpose

I did not use this option because I expected this would not sync the PC side MPE, which would be a pity for me. I managed to resync by first removing all the contacts which had been automatically collected I did not really need and manually correcting the few contacts left. But I definitely suggest that it should be mentioned somewhere that this is not a trivial operation and that users should check what MPE will sync until they are satisfied there are no more conflicts. I am guessing that MPE attributes IDs to contacts in order to be able to compare them and that for some reason in my case it gave the same ID to unrelated items.

Zitat:

I think this means a tiny app of Windows 7 called "Sticky notes", you will find it in the startmenu unter accesoire

Ah yes, that's the French name for it. I don't use it so I was unable to guess the meaning. I'll stick to PC-side MPE for this too, I like to have everything in as few places as possible.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.