FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problems with synchronising K610i Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 21:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi !

First, let me congratulate you on creating an excellent programme !!! It looks, feels and works better than original SE software...

I will appreciate your help in solving my problem synchronising Outlook address book with my SE K610i. I have more than 1000 entries in my Outlook address book whereas, as you will know, the phone is limited to 1000 entries. I have tried all possible ways to limit the entries which are synchronised. However, while the first 40-50 entries are the ones I want thereafter it goes haywire. That is, lots of entries I do not want also get synchronised.

Please help !!! Confused

Thanks
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 21:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please take a look into menu->File->Settings->Sync-Advandged->Exeptions. There you can set category-limits and/or individual exeptions.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 21:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the immediate reply...

I posted on the forum because my problem is still not solved inspite of individually selecting certain Outlook entries not to synchronise so that the total entries which do snchronise are less than 1000 (ie. the limit of the K610i).

As I said, the first 40-50 entries are correct (ie. the ones I want are synchronised and the ones I do not want are excluded) but thereafter it all goes crazy...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 21:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What means 'it goes crazy' ? What happens exactly. You should also know that english is not my native language, so please be patient if i don't understand your posts correctly Wink
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 21:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am sorry if I offended you !!! Didn't mean to... Also, I really appreciate your prompt response(s) so please don't think I am impatient...

What I mean is that even after I go to File > Options > Sync > Advanced > Exceptions and choose several entries NOT to synchronise, I am STILL getting a few of those entries on my phone !!! Some of the entries which I exclude do not show on my phone but some of them do...

Could it be because :

* The "Allow access to Outlook" time is getting finished before the synchronisation process is over (even though I choose the maximum 10 minutes) and this creates some problems ?

* I am not selecting enough exceptions ? I have 1326 entries and am not sure if I am selecting more than 326 entries not to synchronise so that only 1000 entries are synchronised with my phone.

Thanks !
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 22:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Note: If a contact already exists in the phone, then it will be NOT deleted only cause of the exeptions-list. Please delete the contacts in the phone first which you don't need. (you can deactivate OL-Sync for this).

Cause of the Security-Questions its recommened to use ExpressClickYes. its a little app (freeware). just install it, you don't have to activate it. myphoneExplorer will detect that its installed and it will handle the starting/closing of ExpressClickYes.
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 22:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Fyi, I have now downloaded and installed Click Yes to get over the security alert issue. Also, I am starting with a clean phone ie. no contacts on the phone at all.

I noticed after some trial and error that if I select the exceptions and click okay and then once again look at the exceptions then ALL THE SELECTIONS made by me have vanished...

I am not sure why this is happening !!! Will appreciate your help.
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 23:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

An update to the problem...

I noticed that under exceptions all the selections that I make up to the letter G remains in memory but anything after that vanishes... I suppose this explains why the first 40-50 entries are okay and thereafter even those contact I have excluded through the exceptions menu shows up on my phone.

I hope you are able to understand the problem and find a solution.
spanda
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 26, 2007 15:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi ! Any solution to my problem ?

Appreciate your help...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 26, 2007 18:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hmm - it become a littlebit tricky. Please set your exeptions, then post the content of the file settings.dat here. You'll find the file in MyPhoneExplorer's Database-folder
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.