FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 How to restore contacts, messages and calendar from MPE db Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Anakunda

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 21, 2014 16:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello
I have upgraded my Android but forgot to make a full contacts, SMS and calendar backup. I have however loaded the most recent phone state in MPE dataase. Is there a chance to feed contest of these list back to phone?
If I connect phone and perform Multi-sync, updates MPE internal lists to empty phone state (ie. purges it's db content, or does it update the phone according to internal lists content?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
K0T4K

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 22, 2014 09:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I haven't done that in a while but if I recall it should upload the contacts etc from MPE to the phone.

Of course make sure you backup your MPE Phone.dat file first incase it doesnt!
Anakunda

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 22, 2014 13:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I done this attempt already. On SMS it seem to restore everything (first delete SMS archive from disk to ensure it won't double any messages then mMulti-sync -> popup to delete messages missing in phone or move to archive - choose move to archive, after multisync done, switch to archive, select everything and click on thi icon with upright arrow, that did restore all my SMS messaes). It has only one flaw. All messages now appear in integrated SMS manager with timestamp of transfer instead of timestamp of when they were received -> I must use a 3rd party SMS app to sort by time correctly, but can accept it).
As for contacts I already restored them from more than half year old backup on phone. Have to do some manual updates but contacts list in phone now could look OK already. The remaining problem I have now is that MPE on multi-sync doesnot "see" any of restored contacts (phone's contacts book appears as empty to MPE), which partly bothers by asking to mirror contacts from MPE to phone (I don't want to do becaus probably all contacts in phone would become duplicated), and partly it bothers that I can't see/edit actual phone contacts in MPE. Any resolution?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 01, 2014 23:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

SMS:
- install the current beta: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe
- create a backup of the messages using Menu-Extras-Create backup
- delete all messages in the phone (you can do it on the phone or with MPE, no matter)
- restore the backup using Menu-Extras-Restore backup
-> The reason for this procedure: Since the current beta MyPhoneExplorer will internally sort the messages before they are uploaded with the backup wizzard. This should fix your sorting issue

Contacts:
Check which contact accounts are selected for use with MyPhoneExplorer in the settings of MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone. If you are using a Nexus-Phone and you have only selected "Phone" to be synced then the Google-Account will grab your local contacts and MPE is not able to see them. Solution: Enable also Google for the sync with MPE. If you want to keep your contacts away from Google then use a local contact account for the sync (f.e. MyLocalAccount)

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.