FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5 under Linux (with PlayOnLinux) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
The EYE

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 01, 2013 13:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello all!

I'm German but I'll do this in English so everybody can use this little installation instructions. I had a lot of trouble installing it and even finding information about the installation which are up to date!

Configuration:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- PlayOnLinux 4.2.1
- Wine 1.6

Please make sure PlayOnLinux and Wine are up to date! Maybe you have to update the information about new PlayOnLinux / Wine Versions manually before your system is going to recognize new versions.

Now, let's begin!

1. Download MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5
2. Start PlayOnLinux
3. Install a new 32-bit !!! virtual drive (configure > New)
4. Press 'Install'
5. Choose the created 32-bit virtual drive for the installation
6. Browse for the downloaded *.exe-file
7. Now you'll probably get a problem because of the advert thing, which wants to install a second program. You have to kill this process. How to do that? Start a terminal > ps (if you only get a very short list, try ps -f and ps -F [the last one worked the best for me]) > look for "InstallManager." > remember the PID of "InstallManager." > now use another command inside this (or another) terminal: kill "PID of InstallManager." (in my case it was kill 5311). After you killed this process, the installation should go on.
8. After the Installation is done, you can start the programm!

I hope this can help other users! By the way, I didn't put this in the Linux-Thread because I thought it wouldn't be the proper place for an up to date installation instruction.

Greetings
Max
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 20, 2013 11:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for information, i have pinned the thread

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
dan.sel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 13, 2014 19:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hey there!

Thank you for your tutorial Max! I just installed MyPhoneExplorer1.8.5 under Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit but I had to do some additional steps to make it work (mainly install VisualBasic6Runtime during setup), so here's a more detailed Tutorial for non-experienced Ubuntu users:

Configuration:
    - Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit
    - PlayOnLinux 4.2.2

A brief note on Wine:
With PlayOnLinux you don't have to mess around with different versions of Wine on your system. You can manage them inside PlayOnLinux, but apparently you must have installed any version of Wine on your system. To do that, just type the following command in a Terminal:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install wine

Instructions:

If you haven't installed PlayOnLinux yet, visit http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html, choose Ubuntu and follow the instructions for Precise.

UPDATE: I've written a PlayOnLinux script which automates the procedure described below:
0) Download MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.5.exe from http://www.fjsoft.at/de/downloads.php
1) Download the script: http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/forumspace/files/MyPhoneExplorer1.8.5_POL_t20567.sh
2) In PlayOnLinux, go to "Tools -> Run a local script" and browse to the script you just downloaded. You will get some warnings because the script is not digitally signed by PlayOnLinux, ignore them (and read the source if you like)
3) Follow the Wizard. You can optionally change the name of the virtual drive if you like
4) During installation of MyPhoneExplorer, an adware window will pop up. It should crash after a couple of seconds. Ignore the error message, the installation should continue. If it does not crash, follow the instructions at the end of "Manual Installation 4)" below.

Don't run MyPhoneExplorer when installation is finished

You should now have a shortcut on your Desktop. The icon is not correct, if you want to change it you might want to look for ubuntu .desktop files on google, there are a couple of good resources. The MyPhoneExplorer icon can either be found on google or be extracted from the .exe. I will not go into further detail here because there are a lot of good resources on the internet.

Manual Installation:

1) Start PlayOnLinux

2) Install Wine1.6 in PlayOnLinux
    -Go to "Tools -> Manage Wine versions"
    -In the "Wine versions (x86)" tab search for "1.6", click on it and install it by clic-king on the ">" in the middle. Follow the instructions.

This may take some time, depending on your internet connection. You will get some prompts to install additional packages, click on yes and accept every EULA (after reading it, of course Wink).

3) Add new 32-bit virtual drive
    -In the PlayOnLinux main window, click "Configure"
    -Click "New"
    -In the wizard, choose "32 bits windows installation" and "1.6" as the Wine version to use. Give the volume any name.

4) Install MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5
    -Download MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.5.exe from http://www.fjsoft.at/de/downloads.php
    -In PlayOnLinux main window click "Install"
    -On the bottom left click "Install non-listed program"
    -In the wizard, choose "Edit or update an existing application"
    -Tick the "Show virtual drives" checkbox and choose your newly added 32-bit virtual drive, click next
    -Tick "Install some libraries" checkbox, click next
    -Choose "32 bits windows installation"
    -Select POL_install_vbrun6, click next
    -Now click on "Browse" and choose the MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.5.exe you just downloaded
    -Follow the instructions of the install wizard

During installation an adware window will pop up. Wait a couple of seconds, you should get an error like "InstallManager crashed ...", just click "close", the installation should continue. If it doesn't crash, open a terminal ([Ctrl]+[Alt]+T), maximize it's window and type:

Code:
    $ ps aux | grep Install

There should be an "InstallManager" entry. The second column is the ProcessID, use it to kill it:

Code:
    $ kill ProcessID

-Don't run MyPhoneExplorer when the installation has finished
    -Create a shortcut to "MyPhoneExplorer.exe"

You should be able to start MyPhoneExplorer now!

Troubleshooting:

When I installed it for the first time following The EYE's instructions, I got some Runtime Errors when trying to start MyPhoneExplorer. After reading the debug log I figured out it was the missing VisualBasic6 Runtime (vb6run), so I installed it but still got Runtime Errors. I think it was due to the fact that I installed VB6 AFTER MyPhoneExplorer and thus all of MPE's dlls haven't been registered properly.
If you're experiencing this behaviour, try registering the dlls manually:

1) In PlayOnLinux main window, select the MyPhoneExplorer shortcut and click "Configure"
    2) In the "Miscellaneous" tab click "Open a shell"
    3) In the shell navigate to the MyPhoneExplorer DLL folder:

Code:
    > cd Program\ Files/MyPhoneExplorer/DLL

4) Type the following command to list all files in that folder:

Code:
    > ls

5) Type in the following command for every .dll and .ocx file in the list (without quotes):

Code:
    > regsvr32 "FileName"

Ignore all error messages.

I hope this will help someone.

Greetings
daniel

P.S.: Please excuse my poor english
P.P.S.: Why is "clic-king" being censored??

Zuletzt bearbeitet von dan.sel am Do Jan 30, 2014 15:23, insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 19, 2014 17:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many thanks for this tutorial. You can send me the scripts via email -> i will attach it to your thread.

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 30, 2014 01:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The PlayOnLinux Script is hosted now from the forum: www.fjsoft.at/forum/forumspace/files/MyPhoneExplorer1.8.5_POL_t20567.sh

dan.sel

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 30, 2014 15:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you FJ, I've updated my tutorial.
roberto99

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 06, 2014 19:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi all

I followed the tutorial/manual installation and myphoneexplorer seems to work. My problem is that it does not see Thunderbird on my linux mint 16 cinnamon.

Must Thunderbird be installed within playonlinux as well?

Thanks and regards
Roberto
roberto99

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 10, 2014 16:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Kann mir hier wirklich niemand helfen?

Danke
Roberto
dan.sel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 26, 2014 11:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes you have to install thunderbird for windows as well. For detailed instructions see http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5835 "Sync MyPhoneExplorer with Thunderbird and Lightning" (in the middle of the first post). Note that both thunderbird for windows and ubuntu should be the same version as the internal database schema could change in newer versions. I once had this issue when using the same profile folder with windows and ubuntu on a dual-boot system. Some email-headers were screwed up.
Also if you installed MPE using PlayOnLinux you must install Thunderbird in the same wine prefix (virtual drive).
higs

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 18, 2014 19:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I installed MPE as described by The EYE, connected the phone to the pc and created a link from /dev/rfcomm0 to ~/.wine/dosdevices. MPE starts, I'm able to select bluetooth port "COM1", but if I try connect to the phone in MPE, MPE says "Port cant be opened".

Any suggestions, what's the problem? Was anyone able to use MPE with linux and bluetooth?

My linux: Xubuntu 14.04

EDIT: The bluetooth connection works, I'm able to browse the phone using serial port profile with the xubuntu bluetooth application.
Marek S

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 10, 2014 19:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi
The program installed in wine but I can not run the connections with USB or BT. Confused
Wi-Fi work good
erdo_king

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 18, 2014 09:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Marek:
i think you are need to install adb for usb...
Try this befor you are start myphoneexplorer

# sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
# adb wait-for-devices

@dan.sel: thank you for your playonlinux-script! works very well ...
Marek S

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 12, 2014 11:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Not working ports com and BT .
homerun4711

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 01, 2016 06:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

I was able to install MPE 1.8.5 using the PlayOnLinux script
posted above.

- Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit, Cinnamon
- PlayOnLinux 4.2.2
- Wine 1.6

So far it works fine, but I have a few questions

1.)
After startup it takes quite a while until the data is loaded, about
45 seconds, while the status bar states "loading user data...".
The same user data is also used in Virtualbox, there it takes
about 5 seconds. Any ideas what might cause this?

2.) After startup there is a second tab in the taskbar (not the tray),
some dead window with just a question mark as icon and tooltip.
Sometimes it closes itself when MPE is switched between
back- and foreground.
This does not happen on another system (Linux Mint, 32-bit, MATE)
Ideas?

EDIT: I just installed MPE 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 with the script. With these
versions there are two of the dead windows, with 1.8.5 there is only
one. Might this be related to Linux Mint widgets or the
Windows Gadget feature?

3.) Some tutorials mention that the library "msxml3" is needed.
Does the script install it? I could only find
"POL_Call POL_Install_vbrun6"

Kind regards,
Joe
Mister_slowhand

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 12, 2017 13:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just for reference, I'm using MPE on Ubuntu with this configuration :
- Ubuntu 17.04
- MPE 1.8.8
- PlayOnLinux 4.2.10
- Thunderbird Windows 52
- Wine 2.7 (amd64, but a 32 bits storage)

MPE installation is really easy, as stated in the tutorials in this forum.
Having Thunderbird running on Wine is a little bit more tricky, because of the libraries needed (you have to install the Visual C 2015 library).
And if you wanna use the native Thunderbird in Linux (not only the Wine/Windows version), linking between the two versions shows some problems as Ubuntu is v45 and Windows is v52. I would recommend to use the Wine version only !

I don't use any connection except the network ("WiFi") so I haven't checked Bluetooth configuration, though I connect my photo to Linux without any problem.

I also see some slow operation, mostly when syncing SMS, as I have a database of over 75000. On the windows MPE, it takes more than one minute, on Linux, it's at least half an hour !
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.