FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendar view in phone client Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
androidbeginner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 06, 2013 20:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First, thank you for the superb MyPhoneExplorer app. Spectacular!

On my android devices I use Business Calendar. Another excellent app. Because I like to avoid Google, I created 2 local folders in Business Calendar and use MyPhoneExplorer to sync them to my PC. So now I can see my local calendar data on my PC within MyPhoneExplorer itself.

Problem:
I have 2 android devices. One runs android 4.2 and the other is a phone that runs android 2.3.4. I discovered that local calendars can apparently only be created by Business Calendar in android 4.0 or later. (Is there any trick to get around that?)

So, because I cannot create similar local calendars in the 2.3.4 phone, I cannot sync the data to the phone. The android client for MyPhoneExplorer does not have a calendar view (that I discovered) like on the pc. If it did I could view the calendar data within MyPhoneExplorer just like on the pc.

Is it possible to view synced data in the android client so I can get past the "local" calendar restriction?

Other suggestions?

Any suggestions? Thank you.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 06, 2013 23:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Why not just use the 'Google' calendar on the phone? That's what I do (sync Outlook 2010 to the Google account on the phone) but turn OFF Google sync.

androidbeginner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 07, 2013 03:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Because I'm worried that if I use the Google built calendar it might accidentally sync with Google if it resets itself say when rebooting or something else.
androidbeginner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 07, 2013 04:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, perhaps you can help me understand.
1. On my tablet running Android 4.2.2 when I open the android calendar (not business calendar) it does ccontain all the calendar data. But of course, this device is not the problem because being 4.2.2 it also has the local calendars.

2. But, on my phone running android 2.1 the Google calendar is totally blank. I'm guessing because on this device, MyPhoneExplorer can find no calendar name to import the data from the pc. But perhaps I am wrong. Can MyPhoneExplorer be made to sync data from named local calendars with the generic android calendar? How?

Sorry if my questions don't make sense. I'm new at this.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von androidbeginner am Di Mai 07, 2013 14:51, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 07, 2013 09:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What settings do you have in the MPE app on the phone? The two you should look at are 'calendars to sync' and 'calendar to add events to'.

androidbeginner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 08, 2013 19:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you again. I can now sync to my phone and things appear in the Business calendar even though the phone is android 2.3.4 and cannot create identical local calendars. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to troubleshoot. Donation s definitely on the way!

Now, I am getting ambitious.

I have access to my own hosted domain on a private web server. I already tested and can ftp files to and from my android devices to the website using MPE but they are of course just files. The server runs on Linux. Is there a Linux version similar to the Windows main program that I could install on the server so when I sync I can see the calendar on the website too?

Or is there a better way you might suggest so that I can sync from my android devices to the Linux web server?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 23, 2013 15:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer is also able to create local calendars on the phone if its based on Android 4 or newer - not only Business Calendar.

For Android 2 its quite difficult to create a local calendar. The only solution i know is to install the demo of the Synthesis Client on your phone: http://www.synthesis.ch/. With this app you can create a local calendar. The trial period is no problem since you will not use the functionality of Syntheis.

Zitat:
I have access to my own hosted domain on a private web server. I already tested and can ftp files to and from my android devices to the website using MPE but they are of course just files. The server runs on Linux. Is there a Linux version similar to the Windows main program that I could install on the server so when I sync I can see the calendar on the website too?

Probably a solution: Set up a iCalendar parser on your server so you can view your files from a browser. f.e. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpicalendar/
Then set up the sync in MyPhoneExplorer to "iCal File(local or Network)"

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 08, 2014 10:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

androidbeginner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Problem:
I have 2 android devices. One runs android 4.2 and the other is a phone that runs android 2.3.4. I discovered that local calendars can apparently only be created by Business Calendar in android 4.0 or later. (Is there any trick to get around that?)

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
For Android 2 its quite difficult to create a local calendar. The only solution i know is to install the demo of the Synthesis Client on your phone: http://www.synthesis.ch/. With this app you can create a local calendar. The trial period is no problem since you will not use the functionality of Syntheis.

For anyone who comes across this while using a forum search in place of an MPE manual and documentation, I offer a bit of useful information:

Calendar Repair (not free, but reasonably priced) will create local calendars on Gingerbread. It also backs-up to the SD card and restores the phone's Android Calendar database. I've used this several times already, when MPE's sync feature has surprised me by going in a direction -- that I did not expect.

Unlike the trial app mentioned above, this one I want to keep. It's a good idea to run Calendar Repair's free version first, to make sure it works on your hardware (it does, on the phone described below) before making the purchase.

Comments are welcome if this doesn't do what the OP wants, since I've only been using MPE for about two weeks, so am very much a 'newbie' at this.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von RonCam am Mo Jan 20, 2014 14:53, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 18, 2014 10:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for information, i did not know this app.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 20, 2014 14:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks for information, i did not know this app.
Smile You're welcome!

Here is another, the Offline Calendar app. This has a more polished appearance and is under active development. However, the older app still has some capabilities that this one does not. This one seems to do nothing more, than to generate Local Calendars, and so would be a good complement for the free version of the older app -- which does everything except generate Local Calendars.

You will note, from the Google Play description, it works with Gingerbread, Android v_2.2 -- and above.

RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 16, 2014 23:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For some reason I get the impression that multiple local calendars created by the two apps I found -- may not be completely stable. By this, I mean they may suddenly disappear.

I'm going to try FJ's suggestion and see if I notice a difference.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.