FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 NOTE 3 under Kitkat Android 4.4.2 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
JAM

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 13, 2014 14:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Today in Poland I could get Kitkat... unfortunately MPE lost SD card exploring feature....
Strange - in Win8 Explorer SD Card is present, even in MPE through "Browse local files" you can see files on SD card

Any ideas?

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 18, 2014 19:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please update MyPhoneExplorer to the current beta and tell me if it does work again: www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
ks14

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 02, 2014 23:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
since yesterday i have the same problem.

Did this test update work for you? Did you try it? Would you share your expierience?
I can test it myself, if you did not test it, but i messed my phone really enough. I don't want to loose a working MyPhoneExplorer too, after i lost in fact my working extSdCard Sad

thank you and kind regards
Kristian
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 05, 2014 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What you are afaraid of ?
If you dont want to use the beta then browse your SD card in MyPhoneExplorer throught Files- System storage\storage\extSdCard

ks14

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 06, 2014 22:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
sorry, i explained wrong.
I can browse (read) the extSdCard, but with KitKat i cannot longer write to it, e.g. crate a directory. As far as i know, this is a well known issue with KitKat and every App which wants to write to extSdCard has to update against KitKat (Andoid4.4).

I browse, edit and work with the phone at the PC with MPE, which worked fine until the KitKat update.
I am not afraid, only not expierienced, but this will be no problem. Does your test apk also address the write permission?

thank you and kind regards
Kristian
moscard

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 07, 2014 11:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
Same issue here with Note 3 as well.

Going through the "storage" or "mnt" is not the real issue, it the fact that the extSDCard apears to be read only for MyphoneExplorer. In fact for other applications like "NAVIGON" as well.

Another issue on Win 8.1 with Outlook 2010:
- My phone explorer hang "close & exit" each time I type on "Advanced" button in sync screen with Outlook 2010 selected. The sync work just fine a couple of time, and then it fail synchronising Outlook 2010 -> I have to restart MyPhoneExplorer.

BR

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 07, 2014 12:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Some feedback with the provided beta client:

Yes, the external SD card apear for its own. But, no, it is still in read only.

No way to write on it with myPhoneExplorer. Note : we can write on it with standard Windows explorer.

BR

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 16, 2014 22:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Version 1.0.31 of the client (available throught Play Store) should fix the write problems on KitKat

moscard

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 17, 2014 00:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Version 1.0.31 of the client (available throught Play Store) should fix the write problems on KitKat

Yes, thanks, it works just fine.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 17, 2014 23:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Problem continues..

I installed Version 1.0.31 from Play Store. I also uninstalled completely and reinstalled the PC version. I was able to copy files ONE time to my external sd through the program. Then I tried to copy another file to another folder on my sd card and got an obex error and something like "connection with phone failed". And, the PC program froze when I tried to create a backup of my phone and when it unfroze, there were many errors and the program was crashed.

Using Windows 8.1 - MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5
Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 - MyPhoneExplorer 1.0.31
moscard

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 19, 2014 07:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Windance hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Problem continues..

I installed Version 1.0.31 from Play Store. I also uninstalled completely and reinstalled the PC version. I was able to copy files ONE time to my external sd through the program. Then I tried to copy another file to another folder on my sd card and got an obex error and something like "connection with phone failed". And, the PC program froze when I tried to create a backup of my phone and when it unfroze, there were many errors and the program was crashed.

Using Windows 8.1 - MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5
Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 - MyPhoneExplorer 1.0.31

Same configuration as you -> no problem.
I tried many times to copy/delete files to external SD card without any issues.

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 19, 2014 22:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for taking the time...

MOS: It looks like, from reading your OP that you are talking about the External Storage as I am. So, how it works for you doesn't make sense per the following information and how 4.4.2 changed write permissions for 3rd party apps. On first try, it seemed fixed with 1.0.31. I can copy from my PC to the EXTERNAL SD, or make a backup of phone with no problem, but only ONE time per session. A second attempt to copy or backup gives errors and crashes/freezes the PC program.

The exact error is:
Obex protocol could not tbe initialized!
Obex errorcode: 00 - Phone didn't answer, Timeout!
Setpath failed ...

When I restart the program, it will allow copy again, 1 time, to EXTERNAL MEMORY.

Mos, please forgive the following, it's intended as a general description for others.

The Note 3, as do most Samsung's, have an 'internal SD' (emulated) that is part of the motherboard. It also has a place by the battery to insert an EXTERNAL SD card. For the purpose of this issue, I am talking only about the EXTERNAL SD Card and not the SD Card. In other words, when I open My Phone Explorer on my PC and it connects to the Note 3 and go to Files, there is ...

External Storage (my EXTERNAL SD card)
Memory Card (the phone's INTERNAL emulated SD card)
System Storage (system files/system memory)

If one does not have an EXTERNAL card, the term 'Memory Card' looks like we're talking about an SD card, but, not. We're talking about the phone's built in 'emulated' SD card. Now, My Phone Explorer writes and copies to this just fine. It is that with KitKat 4.4.2 that Google introduced some changes. One which affects everyone 'unrooted' is that they removed the permission for 3'rd party apps like MPE to write to EXTERNAL (real) SD cards, as they claim, for security reasons. This is a known change from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and affects everyone. For rooted phones, it can be 'fixed' (or changed back close to the way it was in 4.3) by editing the platform.xml file, android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE line. But like I said, to edit system files, you need to be 'rooted'.

So, when I used to copy files from my PC to EXTERNAL STORAGE, it was no problem but KitKat 4.4.2 changed that. Now, My Phone Explorer and other similar 3'rd party apps will let me copy one time and then it gives errors on another copy/write attempt. Copying/writing to the MEMORY CARD (internal/emulated) is no problem. There is a tedious work around and not practical for me. I can copy to my Memory Card (internal/emulated SD) and then, when back on the phone, use the native (non 3rd party app with write permissions) to copy to my External Storage. Native file apps are not affected by the change.

In all, while I am not a developer or programmer, it seems that the issue I am referring to is related to the KitKat 4.4.2 write permissions issue fixable only by rooting, at least for now. I was hoping the Dev of MPE would tell me otherwise.

Again, thanks.

PS - are you rooted?
moscard

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 20, 2014 03:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Windance,
YES, I am also speaking about EXTERNAL SD card. It was working in Read only with previous version, but it works just fine with the last one (1.0.31) directly updated from Google play.

I can red/write & delete many times without any issues on external SD card.
And NO, my device is not rooted.

Perhaps some difference in sub-version?
kernal : 3.4.0-636608 Feb 12
version # : KOT49H.N9005XXUENB4

Hope it helps.

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 20, 2014 05:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@moscard
Must be. My kernal is 3.4.0-951486 March 18
Build KOT49H.N900PVPPUNC5 (Sprint)

From somewhere else, my version seems to have the later/latest security and enforcement updates. I have never NOT rooted but this time, I was counting the reasons pro and con first and the pro's just won.

Pro's
1) Fix the write permissions issue.
2) Of course, Titanium Backup.
3) Since it screws up warranty by tripping Knox, may as well add CWM or TWR recovery for nandroids.
3) Lot's of tweaks that aren't my main concern.
4) A handful of apps I used on the last phone some requiring root then, and all requiring root now. One example; any battery monitor with KitKat now requires root for statistics because they all have to install an app in the /system partition to obtain them.
4) Obviously, file apps need root for more than just writing to the SD card but also for 'editing' system files.
5) As a nurse, several of my medical apps work better with root.

That's enough reasons for me, no way around it. But for My Phone Explorer alone, I will root because it has become my main app for PC to phone; Outlook calendar, contacts, notes and tasks, and of course transferring and syncing files. There we have it (unless there IS a way around the write permissions issue).

UPDATE: Wow! So, I uninstalled/reinstalled a couple more times trying different things, the last being restarting the phone before reinstall. And this time, it 'sort of' works. It let me copy several times, delete, copy again and then just when I thought it was ALL good, the PC client crashed when I tried to select multiple items to delete with CTRL/L mouse click. Then, I had to restart it in the phone. Overall, its going to work for me I think. I have donated before and before that and will again. I wonder how the DEV got around the write permissions thing? Anyway, thanks for answering, moscard, you inspired me to try the old fashioned reinstall one more time.
moscard

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 20, 2014 08:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK,
Thanks, so I will not update to the march release.

Anyway you are right -> Battery monitor do not work anymore. Root is needed.

I will not use Battery monitor anymore, till there apears some other kind of solution.
I am not intersted in rooting my device, a lot of time waste for poor real improovements.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.